SOCIAL MEDIA

Saturday, March 6, 2010

My Breakfasts and Advice Request

One of my goals this week was to eat a different breakfast every day M-F. Here’s what I had:

monday 002

tuesday 003

Week 001 Week 002 Week 003

All were delicious! I have a banana for breakfast almost every day because they’re just easy. I’ve heard that bananas have too much sugar and aren’t the best fruit to eat. Is this true? I’ve noticed when I don’t eat them I will wake up with charlie horses in my legs in the middle of the night. I think I need the potassium. What are your thoughts?

Last night, hubby and I went to a play at school so I could get some extra credit. It’s been a long time since we were out at night! haha We’re like such old people, going to bed at like 9:00 on the weekends usually. But it was fun! :)

I couldn’t sleep this morning so I got up at 5 AM and did my c25k workout. I was planning on skipping it, mind you, so I was proud of myself.

We’re leaving early this morning to go to my brother's in Wisconsin. It’s my nephew’s first birthday party. My whole family will be there so I’m excited for that! My sister in law is a great cook, so I will have to be careful. I also tend to eat more around family. I weighed in at 238 this morning, which is 50 lbs lost, but it doesn’t count unless I can keep it off for my Wednesday weigh in day. But this will inspire me to watch my food intake today and tomorrow.

On the way home, we’re going to stop in Madison again and go to Trader Joe’s!!! I’m really excited about that. New foods always help me stick to the plan. I think I get bored with the same old stuff all of the time. I can’t wait for spring and summer with all of the fruits!

I need some advice on something that happened to me at school yesterday. I am a very good student. I always get A’s with an occasional B here and there. I always do my homework and I always read the material for class. This class is usually discussion based where the teacher talks and students can answer questions if they want to, etc. So on Friday, the professor said, “I’m going to post these questions up here on the board and I want you all to think about them for a minute or two and then I’m going to call on certain people to make sure they’re doing the reading.” And she called on me first. I am a very quiet person and I don’t talk in class because it makes me very nervous and I find that if I’m worrying about talking then I don’t learn anything because I’m so busy worrying I’m not thinking about the material. This really bothered me because she was implying that I’m not doing the reading. I was thinking about emailing her something to let her know that I am not a slacker and I always do the reading, since she implied the opposite, and that I don’t want her to think that because I’m quiet I am not doing the work. I feel like she judged me wrongly and that upsets me. What do you think? Should I let it go or email her?

I hope you all have a wonderful weekend! :)

5 comments :

  1. Those breakfasts all look yummy! Bananas do have a lot of sugar in them, particularly if they are more ripe. Just choose a small one and make sure you pair it with protein like you do to slow down any insulin spike. Bananas are really good for you!

    As far as the school thing. I would not email the professor, I would actually make an appointment to talk to her and ask her if there is anything you are doing that would cause her to believe that you weren't working. Face to face is always best in this situation. It's hard to do, but you may find that she really didn't think that about you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with Lori, take a moment to talk to her face to face.

    ReplyDelete
  3. A nedium sized banana costs you about 100 cals, and quite a bit of sugar. But Its ok than most other stuff we eat. A banana a day wont harm you. Its got a lot of fiber too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your grades will speak for volumes for you. Maybe she was checking on you, because, as you say, you're quiet (so am I!) That isn't unreasonable, when you think about it. Prove her wrong with actions, not words :)

    I eat oatmeal amost every morning, usually with blueberries, sometimes with a banana. I have noticed that when I add a banana that I am hungry much sooner. I figure it's the high sugar content of the banana.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I agree with SeaShore. However, if it is still bothering you I would set up an appointment to talk with her. I think emails can be misunderstood sometimes :-) I hope you are having a great week!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...