SOCIAL MEDIA

Thursday, March 4, 2010

NSV’s

Thank you for all of your comments on yesterdays post.

The more that I think about it the more I think I need to give the scale less power than I do. My clothes fit looser, my body feels more toned in some areas, people are commenting that I look thinner, and the list goes on.

Most notably, I tried on a size 16 dress today in Target and it FIT. Well, it was a little tight, but I could get it on with no problem! haha A few more lbs and that dress will fit perfectly. That’s amazing to me!

I got off of work early today. I wanted something different and good to eat for lunch. I picked up a Smart Ones Macaroni and Cheese and it was delish!

It was 36* and the sun was shining, so I did something I have never done in my life before today. I went running OUTSIDE by MYSELF for the first time ever! I was embarrassed of myself, but I just kept pushing myself and I did my normal workout that I do on the treadmill. I just tried to ignore the people that drove by. I kept thinking they would be judging me or making fun of me, but I didn’t let that stop me! I ran on a road that isn’t very busy at all. Just had to hop over a few puddles, but it was great!

I’m looking forward to many more runs. I know someday running will come easier to me, but I just love the way that I feel when I’m DONE running, and that’s what keeps me going!

4 comments :

  1. I have found that people are supportive and encouraging when you exercise in public. I get people smiling at me and even saying "way to go!" - all different kinds of people. So if some sad sick soul sees you and is thinking "boy she sucks at running and her butt is too big" then who cares?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay!!! So happy to hear about the size 16s. That's so terrific. Can you tell I'm happy for you? LOL

    Don't you dare worry what people think when you're running. Most of the time they don't even notice. Maybe they're proud of you! Maybe you're inspiring someone else to start running. You never know. Don't think the worst. :)

    I feel the same way with running. I love the feeling AFTER I'm finished.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Isn't great to fit into normal clothes! Congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  4. great job running
    it will get easier
    no one cares they arent watching lol
    a size 16 dress is amazing
    haev a great weekend

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...