SOCIAL MEDIA

Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Behavior Change

I had another great day today. Eating has been on track lately and I honestly can’t say what it is that has changed. I find that I need to save some points for a snack in the evening and for a while I didn’t have anything left and then I would go over my points. Now I have a lot left over and this seems to work out the best for me. I am more hungry later in the day for some reason. I am eating more fruits and veggies and I know that helps a lot.

I am finding out that if I exercise I feel so much better. Work was frustrating, as usual. I studied so hard for my midterm based on a study guide the professor gave us and the midterm didn’t have any of the information from the study guide on it. I was so disappointed because I knew so much information based on what she told us to study and then the test was totally different. That’s really frustrating. I hope I did ok. But the point is, I came home and made myself go out for a run when all I really wanted to do was sit on the sofa for a while. I feel 100% better. I am energized and happy again. I’m going to work on changing my behavior so that instead of wanting to sit on the sofa I will want to go for a run. The results from a run make it so worth it. I just need to focus on that!

The run today seemed to go a little better than Monday. I had a little more energy but it stills wears me out. I wonder if I’m ever going to be able to run a whole mile? That seems so far away to me. I can run for 3 minutes but by the end of it I’m way out of breath. I think I could go on to week 4 of the c25k if I put my mind to it. They say running is a mind game. I find it does help to focus mentally and not on how my body feels. I’m scared of running for 5 minutes straight. But maybe it’s time to push myself a little further. Afterall, I didn’t think I could run for 3 minutes straight either!

I also want to mention again that you can follow me on Twitter here.

5 comments :

  1. My trainer always tells me that if it isn't hard every time, I'm not pushing myself enough. It sounds like you are pushing yourself and that is why it feels so difficult. The more you do it, the better and easier it will get, but you always want to strive for that feeling that you did everything you could. It sounds like you're doing great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great job on the run! You are doing so great!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I bet you will be running a mile in NO time!

    Thank you for stopping by today and supporting me...it means A LOT!

    Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi! Glad to see you doing so well! Sorry I have been away for so long. Keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...