SOCIAL MEDIA

Friday, August 14, 2009

A Scare

My apologies to anyone who may have tired to view my blog last night and found it to be private. I have two blogs. This one and a personal one. I have different email addresses for each one so that no one I know in my personal life ever sees this one. I'm very self-conscious about everything I have on here. I know everyone could probably guess how much I weigh, but I don't think everyone would understand the struggles that I have with food like all of you on here do. I have told my parents that I have this blog and they respect my wish for privacy and would never try to find it, they think it's a great idea for me and can see how much it helps me along this journey.

Well, last night when I was sound asleep, my husband's phone rang. It was my Mom just wanting to warn me that I had accidently posted a comment on my sister-in-law's blog with my journey to thin user name. This is not the first time that I have done this, actually it's the 2nd! So I was up and all worried about that. My sister-in-law is very understanding and has deleted my comments both times. I don't think anyone saw this blog because my tracker didn't show anyone from the midwest area where I live. I HOPE! If you are someone that I know personally reading this, just know that I am very embarassed! haha.

Does anyone else feel this way? Do you share your blog with your family and friends? How would you feel if those you know personally read what you write on here?

4 comments :

  1. I don't tell anyone I have my healthy shelah blog because... i don't want people to know what I write about. i love that i am "anonymous" in a way. I also don't want people to read my other personal blog. They are both connected to my email address though. And if people do a search for me via google or a search engine, they'll find me... but that's not likely. BUt i TOTALLY understand needing anonymity via these blogs. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. If I had been blogging when I was in process of losing my weight I probably wouldn't have told my friends. I can see why you want to keep it all separate and private!

    Diane

    ReplyDelete
  3. I guess I'm a little bit of a dork... I let WANT my family and friends in on my struggles... they are the first to call or stop by. They always say how they have felt the same way and encourage me. I find their help to me more satisfying than that I recieve from strangers visiting my site... I don't know. Both are good, but true friends understand and STILL love you, not dispite but BECAUSE of who you really are.... ok after-school-special time is over :)

    I think you should do what gives you the empowerment you need...there is no wrong way.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've only told the ex, but I've since told him not to read it. I often refer to people IRL, and wouldn't want people to guess who it is, etc. Also, it's personal. Most know that I've lost weight, but don't need to know the inner workings of my mind.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...