SOCIAL MEDIA

Monday, August 10, 2009

Monday's Over and Done With!

I hate Mondays, but who doesn't? This morning was no different. 4:30 AM, the alarm went off and I moaned and complained that I had to get up. Hubby said, "Come on hunnie, you can do it." So I got up and trekked downstairs for my workout, which I had missed for a week. One thing after another happened to make me think, hmm, maybe I'll just take it easy this morning. But...I didn't!!

This morning marks the first day of my Couch to 5k week 2. I have NEVER NEVER NEVER in all of the times that I've tried to do this, ever progressed to week 2. Now while it's week 2 to every other person in the world, I'm going by months, so maybe I should call it month 2. Either way, I did it and I am SO proud of myself for doing it!! Here I come 5k July 4th, 2010!

I noticed this last week and didn't want to admit it while I was skipping my workouts, but I can't believe the dramatic effect in the way I feel when I work out vs. when I don't. I feel so much better when I get that workout in. I am much more energetic and happy.

Today has gone fabulously for me. I have stuck to my points and eating healthy. After supper and dessert, I will have 3.5 points left. I may choose to have milk or juice w/ supper so that would take care of a couple of points. Just knowing that my hubby is doing the same thing as me is enough to keep me strong. :) I called him this afternoon and he said he was doing great and hadn't eaten anything he shouldn't. That's the difference between he and me. When he decides he's going to do something, he does it, no questions asked.

I feel much more at peace with the work situation. I am no longer going to try to advance at this company. I am still a student and this is definitely not what I want to do with my life. :) It's so nice to have things figured out. School starts in 2 weeks. I really wanted to have my Coach purse by then, but maybe I'll shoot for my birthday on Sept. 23rd instead. :)

1 comment :

  1. I always found it so interesting that I resisted exercising for so long, but once I tried it I was amazed at how much more energy I had! Strange isn't it?

    Good for you on your eating, and on the work situation. It's nice to have a firm plan in place.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...