SOCIAL MEDIA

Saturday, August 15, 2009

Freezer Jam

My husband’s parents gave us a box of these:

freezerjam 001 Which are the world’s best peaches from Missouri! YUM! We couldn’t eat them all fresh, although we’re trying! I decided to make freezer jam with some of them using this recipe (you can click on it to see it larger):

freezerjam 004Here are the peaches peeled and cut up:

freezerjam 002

And all mashed up, it’s amazing how much juice is in these things!

freezerjam 005 Measuring out the sugar (I cut out a little from the recipe):

freezerjam 006And the lemon juice:

freezerjam 007Then boiling the Sure-Jell with water, what’s in this stuff anyways?

freezerjam 008And mix it in with the sugar and then miracles happen. ;)

freezerjam 009Pour it into containers:

freezerjam 010TA DA:

freezerjam 011I know, I’m a nerd but I had fun with this! hehe I also used some peaches to make a fantastic peach pie. Didn’t get a picture of that before we dug in. I counted my points though and I still have 1/2 pt left over at the end of the day. :)

2 comments :

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...