SOCIAL MEDIA

Thursday, April 30, 2009

Weight Watchers at Wal-Mart?

I was in Wal-Mart this afternoon picking up some groceries and noticed that there’s a weight watcher’s location in the front of the store along with the eye center and bank. I’ve never seen one of these before. Kind of neat.

Those of you who attend Weight Watcher meetings, would you say that they are beneficial? I am currently an online member, but this summer I will have more time, so I’m wondering it it would be beneficial for me to attend meetings for a while. Sometimes just changing things around brings progress. Let me know what you all think.

4 comments :

  1. the meetings are HUGE for me!!! I would 150% reccommend going!!! :) funny that it's in wal-mart...!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. If you are a people person and need that type of accountability, the meetings will do you well.
    I found I didn't care for them that much.

    Why don't you ask if you can attend one since you are a paying online member, then you can see how you fit in.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's all about the leader and the group. The one I go to right now has a fantastic leader who makes you want to try harder, commit to more and keep going. The problem can come for me in this particular group with the other members. There are a lot of whiny people who make me crazy when they "don't understand what happened" every week or the ladies that have been going for 5 years as a social network. I'm tiring of the meetings and I think the support I get from all of you is enough right now, I'm motivated by your success and I'm getting ideas from all kinds of sources. I think Lori has a great point, watch for a special no registration week on the site and then go in and see if you like it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I used to go to weight watchers and am now a life time member. Even though my weight has been under control, I still often think about going back to the meetings. I thought the support was really helpful and people would share really good ideas. They would discuss new founds they found, good recipes, etc. I would definitely try a meeting out!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...