SOCIAL MEDIA

Saturday, April 25, 2009

4-24-09 FINALLY FRIDAY!

It's always a little easier to get out of bed on Fridays. 8.5 hours away from the weekend.
For breakfast I had 1 cup of Cinnamon Life, 1 banana, and 8 oz. of Naked Juice Green Machine blend. 9 PTS.

I've started drinking about 1 1/2 cups of coffee every morning when I get to work. I add a very small amount of 1% milk and sweet and low. Not enough to count the points. I make it before I go to work and by the time I'm there, it's just the right temp to drink up until break time at 9:00.
I had 1 small plum for .5 pt.

We were super busy at work today, maybe it's the nice weather. I had lunch a little bit later than usual today because I was working on a long, complicated order for a customer. I rushed over to Sonic (it just opened up across from work and we're all thrilled about Happy Hour!!). The drive through was impossibly long, I waited for about 5 minutes and then went to the patio instead. Much faster. I ordered 1 grilled chicken wrap and I had a coupon for a free RT. 44. I got iced tea w/ sweet and low. That was the most amazing fast food wrap I have ever had and only 8 PTS.






For supper I made Schwann's Teriyaki Boneless Skinless chicken wings. Delicious! roasted red potatoes and onions and 1 cup of strawberries. 9 PTS.



After supper my husband and I headed to my university to attend a play. I usually have to attend one performance for at least one class each semester, so I really needed to get this done. The play was a little strange, the heat was broken and it was incredibly hot in there since it was in the 80's all day. The good news is that they gave us vouchers for free tickets because of the problem! I get in free as a student, but we have to pay $14 for my husband, so he'll get 2 free tickets!

After that we headed over to Cold Stone for a planned trip. I had 6.5 pts left for the day and decided this would be something I would want to use some of my weekly points on. I had a Like it, Founder's Favorite for 17 PTS. Sorry, didn't get a picture of this!

Total points used: 43.5
Daily Allowed: 33
Weekly used:10.5

Overall, this was another good day for me. A lot of times I feel guilty when eating ice cream like that, but I told myself, it's ok to eat ice cream once in a while. Ice cream itself is not evil, it's the over-indulgence that will hurt you. To be able to stick to a healthy lifestyle, you have to be able to incorporate "not so healthy" foods into your diet in a reasonable way. It's not even realistic to say that I'm not ever going to eat foods like that, so it's moderation that is important. Good lesson for me!

1 comment :

  1. Totally agree with you about Fridays!! :)

    Those chicken teriyaki wings sound so good...might have to try those out! The schwans man lives just down the road...but he doesn't stop at our place. :(

    And I totally agree with on the whole ice cream thing...as long as it's a once in a while treat and you count the points, you're fine! I just need to get the "once in a while" part down, I could eat it EVERY night!!

    Hope you have a good weekend!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...