SOCIAL MEDIA

Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Weigh In Day and Honesty

I weighed in this morning at 208.4 lbs. That’s a 1.2 lb. gain from last week.

I like to be honest on this blog. So I will tell it as it is, as hard as it is for me to admit it. I went way over my points last week- way over my weekly points that is! Yeh, pretty bad. My evening snacking still isn’t 100% under control and I need to do better at it. Those points over my weekly points were mostly from one meal- Sunday night- I didn’t track the points before eating and just ate. I watched my portions, but when it came down to it- I went way over my weekly points. I was out of my weekly points because of my night time snacking and a meal at someone’s house that I didn’t have any control over what was being served. With hubby being gone, it’s been hard for me to stop the mindless snacking. I really, really, really need to! My weight remained steady all week until Sunday when it shot up and then went down a bit to where it was this morning. But it’s not good enough. So I guess I have my work cut out for me!

For breakfast, I had 2 Jimmy Dean turkey sausage patties, a boiled egg, a glass of milk and a banana for 8 points.

4611 001

Trying to get that protein in. It takes effort for me to eat a breakfast like this. I like carbs for breakfast, but I’m trying to break that habit!

Before signing into work, I brewed a cup of coffee with half and half for 1 point.

4611 002

On my first break, I had 2 Cuties clementines for 0 points.

4611 003

For lunch, I had a sandwich made with light bread, swiss cheese, ham, turkey, tomato, lettuce and miracle whip. I also had a serving of TJ’s BBQ pop chips for 9 points total.

4611 004

I had a plum for dessert for 0 points.

4611 005

On my last break, I had a Ghirardelli dark chocolate square with strawberry filling for 2 points.

4611 006

For supper, I had a Boca burger on a sandwich thin with 2% cheese, lettuce, tomato and miracle whip. I also had a side of sweet potato fries for a total of 12 point.

4611 007

This meal was just so good and so satisfying. YUM!

I have 1 point left for the day. I am at 43.12% Carbs, 35.71% Fat, and 21.16% Protein. I ended out a little low in protein today. Why is that so hard for me to meet? I am eating so much more meat now and am conscious of it- but it always seems to be low unless I drink a protein smoothie or something like that.

I am going to be very careful about snacking in the evenings now. One snack and no going back for more. I will ask myself if I really need or want what I’m thinking about eating. I need to get back to the point where I ask myself, “is this going to get me closer to my goal?” But I do believe we have to indulge every now and then- but maybe just not so much for now.

I have been reading a very interesting book that I will be writing a review on in a couple of weeks. I can’t wait to share it! It’s really in line with how I have been trying to change my diet lately.

We’re half way through the week! It’s all down hill from here. Smile

17 comments :

  1. Hi? I struggle too. Especially with the snacking when the kids are snacking.

    I try to make sure I get my dairy in with actual milk. It is a good source of protein.

    I'm surprised by your protein % for the day looking at your meal...I would have guessed it was more. Cottage cheese is another good source of protein.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The good news -- today is a NEW day! :) I think black beans are a good source of protein as well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Where are you veggies today?

    My piece of advice would be to swap out the pop chips for a side salad. You are having carbs with your sandwhich. Plus you had a carbs for breakfast and dinner. Cut out some of the bread.
    That's just my advice,take it with a grain of salt.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Protein is tough for me too. On my blog today I posted a recipe I found for a tuna burger. It's literally a burger made out of canned tuna and egg. It's 40 grams of protein, filling and super easy. But, if you don't like tuna, it could be difficult. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Also to curb evening snacking, go heavy on the protein for dinner. It helped me a LOT!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm glad you're honest. No one is perfect. You should try eating veggies with meals bc they are soo filling and 0 pts... I like celery with Laughing Cow cheese (2 wedges for 1 pt) or carrots or zucchini cooked up with Adobo seasoning (this satisfies my salt cravings!)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Couple things you might try. If accountability makes you stay on track better, try doing a morning blog post so that your evening food and pictures would be included (you can write the majority at night to save time).

    If you want a more carb type breakfast, try my protein pancakes. 1 egg - 1/3 cup cottage cheese, 1/3 cup oatmeal, cinnamon, 1/4 tsp of baking soda. You might want some sweetener in there. Blend and cook like pancakes. Lower carb, higher in protein and fiber. I will use those for bread as well.

    ReplyDelete
  8. i have a hard time getting in all my protein too. i don't eat a lot of meat, so i try to get my protein through beans, hummus, and eggs.

    to curb evening sweet cravings I brew a cup of decaf tea. you can find it in sweet flavours like vanilla nut or spicy like chai spice!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Its so good to be honest as so many dieters are reading your blog and you not giving them false hope that losing weight is all easy...its hard, it takes a lot of planning and making sure one doenst fall into the trap of eating bad foods.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Yay you for your honesty, and for getting back on track so quickly. Today is a new day, and don't lose sight that you didn't lose 80 lbs by being perfect, you lost them because you are comitted, motivated and HUMAN!!! You are, without a doubt a true inspiration in every sense of the word!!! Hope today is a good day.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Geting back on board is what it's all about!
    Good job!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I am trying to include more protein and stay within my points too, where or how are you calculating the percent of protein, carb, etc. that you eat each day? If you have already mentioned it I am sorry I missed it.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Direction, not perfection. You're still heading in the right direction. Every road has some bumps in it. :)

    Would you be upset if I suggested you try eating a bit more protein? Just a suggestion. And Lori's protein pancakes are so good.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Gains totally suck, but at least you can pin point where you went wrong and have a game plan for next week to correct it!

    ReplyDelete
  15. So sorry for the gain, but at least you know what caused it and you know how to fix it. Good luck this week, I believe in you :)

    Jen
    http://jensdaily.wordpress.com/

    ReplyDelete
  16. I also have a hard time with the snacks! Not so much in the evenings as between meals.
    Hang in there!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I'm the same way, I'm during the day at work and then the snacking at night kills me! but hopefully you'll have a great week next week. :)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...