SOCIAL MEDIA

Sunday, March 28, 2010

Weekend Update

Hope you are all having fantastic weekends!

Friday night, we just stayed in and watched our favorite shows online. We are always exhausted way too early so we end up going to bed by 10:00. We’re like an old couple. :)

Saturday was a good day. We got up fairly early and went out to hubby’s parent’s farm. My FIL is still in the hospital, this will be his third week. He just keeps having complications. Now he has a blood clot in his lung, which they are working on getting blood thinners to dissolve. They didn’t put him in intensive care again or anything and he seems to be doing just fine. He is finally able to eat real food again. They’re hoping he can go home on Tuesday. So we went out to their place to take care of a few things they asked us to do.

I went into the chicken coup and collected eggs! That was a really weird experience. I did not have much previous knowledge about the disposition of chickens. So I have to admit when I walked in there I was slightly freaked out. They all ran from both rooms of the coup and surrounded me like they were going to eat me for dinner. They made the most awful noises, that I guess chickens make. But most of them stayed on the ground, with the exception of one unruly hen who flew up by my shoulder. I tiptoed through the coup trying not to step on their toes claws. But I grabbed all of the eggs, which were still warm and it was a really interesting experience for me. I got out of the coup in one piece and none of the eggs were broken. :)

We were able to go on a quick 4 wheel ride while we were out there. That was so much fun! We rode out to a field where Native Americans used to live in a cabin. They have found a lot of arrowheads and pottery pieces in that field. For our exercise of the day, we walked the field for about 30 minutes. We found half of an arrow head and miscellaneous pottery pieces, but nothing special. There’s a cougar that lives in some trees near there, so we didn’t go very far! That would have been scary to run into!

We came home, did some cleaning, ate lunch and other miscellaneous chores. In the afternoon, we headed up to see FIL in the hospital. We stopped at Subway for supper- YUM! After that, we got some groceries (I always love grocery shopping in a different town!), got a McDonald’s ice cream cone and headed home.

As far as iChange.com, I am still a little worried about the plan. I know that Weight Watchers works for me, but is there a reason I’m not losing quickly? Maybe I have more to learn about the types of foods I’m eating. For Friday, I was told that I ate too many carbs. I always forget that fruit has carbs, but she told me to get rid of the chocolate pudding that I ate. So far, if I eat anything that is not a fruit or vegetable, I am told that I should eliminate it. I don’t agree with that. I know this is a 30 Day Challenge, but my goal is not to lose weight as fast as I can. I don’t know what to do. But I do know that I am doing FANTSASTIC now that I got my streak back on WW. I am at my lowest weight and hope to keep going down for WI day!!

8 comments :

  1. I signed up for the challenge without really looking around at the site much. Once I was in and looked at the meal plan stuff I knew there was no way I could do this. I need to eat red meat several times a month to help my iron levels. I eat peanut butter almost daily mixed in with my morning oatmeal. The list goes on.

    I think it is a great plan, but I too am on WW and the reason why I do WW is because nothing is truly off limits. I need to know that I can have a scoop of ice cream if I really want it, I just have to count the points.

    I love the idea of the site, and think it could be great for some people. Especially the feedback from a professional.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I tried it for a few days and wasn't impressed.
    You're doing great!! Taking the lbs off slowly is a good thing. You are doing it by being healthy, you're exercising and honestly if i couldn't have a pudding if i felt like it that would be a problem :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello, It's Diana Young from ichange. Yes, the 30 day challenge is not easy but it's a jumpstart to weight loss. It's only for 30 days to develop some healthy habits and then you receive an expanded list of food items at the end of the 30 days which contain all foods including chocolate pudding. You certainly don't have to continue if you are not interested in kicking it up a notch for 30 days. Every member that follows the 30 day plan loses about 8 - 10 pounds and then they feel they have a good healthy beginning to a new lifestyle. Also, you will see improvement in your cholesterol level, blood pressure and blood sugars (if you have diabetes). If you have any questions contact me at diana@ichange.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks like a good weekend! Congrats on the scale victory! Have a great week!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are doing so good! Keep it up!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sounds like a good weekend!! we have those nights too where we feel like an "old couple"!! but sometimes those nights are the best! ;)

    Hope you have a GREAT week!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a fun weekend! Chickens, 4 wheelers, arrowheads and pottery! Sounds great.

    Looking forward to hearing about your experiences with ichange. It reminds me a lot of SparkPeople, which I am a big fan of. :)

    I think you're doing great. Keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...