SOCIAL MEDIA

Friday, March 26, 2010

Finally Friday!

Aren’t you all glad it’s the weekend? I am!

I’ve had a really good week this week. I have been on points all week, actually having a few leftover, which is really amazing for me! I can’t really say what has changed, it’s like something clicked in my head (again) and I am motivated and losing weight again. It feels so good!

I have done my couch to 5k workout all 3 times this week. Now I have to get 2 more days of activity in on Saturday and Sunday. That will be easy to do if the weather is nice. Hubby and I can go for a bike ride or a walk. :)

I am getting aquainted with this iChange.com trial. I will be posting here throughout the 30 days to let you know what I think. You have through Wednesday of next week to sign up if you want to! I am looking forward to getting expert advice and learning changes I can be making in my diet.

So far, I have realized I eat far too many fruits and not enough vegetables. What are your feelings on this? Is it possible to eat too many fruits? I read in a book one time about sugar addicts being attracted to fruit much more than veggies, not very surprising for me! But my philosophy has always been that fruits and veggies were equals. I’d love to hear your thoughts.

I am getting used to tracking my foods, sleep, water, stress levels, exercise, etc. It’s pretty user friendly. There are 4 of us in the group so far, so I’d love if more would join. There are no obligations at all.

I am a little worried about the meal plans that the dietician is suggesting. It will change the way that I eat a lot, which I don’t think is a bad thing, I’m just wondering if it will be sustainable for me. I am willing to give it a try though. Maybe there’s a reason my weight loss has been so slow. I’d love to receive tips on ways I can become more healthy.

Hubby and I don’t have any big plans for this weekend. I have a lot reading to do for school and have to meet another student to work on a presentation I have next week. I also have to clean the house as we are having guests next week! By the way, one of them is allergic to corn and all corn products and also dairy products! Any suggestions on what to cook? I was thinking grilling chicken and roasting potatoes.

Have a great weekend!

3 comments :

  1. While i do eat quite a few fruits i do try to balance it out with equal veggies! I refuse to feel guilty for eating a fruit though :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you are having such a great week! I think I had the same "click" since I've gotten back from Florida and I'm loving it. I need that scale to continue to go down!!

    I am sure it is *somehow* possible to eat too many fruits...but I'm sure you aren't. I tend to eat more fruit than veggies, but usually don't stress over it much if I am getting some sort of veggie in each day.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's probably possible to eat too much fruit if you're skimping on the veggies, and I do that too. Still, it's so much better than the too much junk food way I used to eat that I don't worry about it as long as I'm getting some veggies in during the day.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...