SOCIAL MEDIA

Friday, July 31, 2015

Weigh in Day

Close up of scale on white background

I was so looking forward to weigh in day today because I expected a loss after sticking to my points for the week. But, as usual, I gained 2 lbs. after a good week on track. Are you starting to see what I mean when I say my body is weird?

The only thing that I can think of is that last night I went to therapy and we ate out after that. I ordered a salad topped with chicken but you never really know how much sodium is in something when you eat out. I also had a few tortilla chips, which is more added salt. So I’ll just hang in there and see how I do next week.

Stats:

 
This Week
Last Week
Weekly Points Used:
49
-
Activity Points Earned:
25
18
Activity Points Used:
22
-
Total Steps:
51,438
44,216
Weight Change:

+ 2

- 2.5

As you can see, I increased my steps this week so that shows an increase in activity overall. However, I need to do better about my workouts because I only got in a couple.

This week was a good test week to see how I want to schedule my days. I realized that I don’t really want to require myself to work out early in the morning because one benefit of being a SAHM with only one child is that I can finally sleep later than 5 a.m….especially now that she’s older and doesn’t wake up in the nights as often. I might as well enjoy the sleep while I can and it also seems like I need it because I am always so tired. I like to have low key mornings.

Let’s be honest, I’d probably do better waking up early to focus on writing than I would to exercise. ha.

I’m thinking this week I will try to schedule my workout during baby girl’s first nap…that is if I don’t go for a walk/jog with her in the stroller, which would really be the best option. I will figure out how to get it all together eventually.

Overall, I feel like I was really productive this week. I conquered a huge project by converting my office into a fitness room. I also kept the house organized except for a hectic day when we got home late and didn’t feel like straightening up. So that’s a win. I am seeing how I can keep that up!

I only completed 1/4 of my goals for the week though. Eek. I need to work on more focus…I tend to hop from project to project instead of finishing the one I’m on!

Did you meet your goals this week? How did your weigh in go? Do you hop from project to project or do you have laser focus?

6 comments :

  1. Awesome job on improving your steps. That is something I really need to make a priority!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I feel for you on your weirdness. I've told you my body often does that junk, too! I just made our school schedule for the upcoming year. :) Like I just told a friend the other day, when you make a schedule it takes about 2 good weeks of following it before you get all the kinks worked out. I am sure I will be editing a few things after just one or two days of trying to follow it. It is really great when you finally figure out what does work for your situation and family. The schedule makes things go so much smoother when it is actually doable! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's so frustrating when our bodies show a gain when we least expect it! Whenever mine does that, I try to think about whether TOM is coming, or if I ate out, if I increased my activity, if I looked at the scale wrong... all the usual suspects. Then I try my best to move on and keep doing what's good for my body and not get disheartened.

    You had an awesome, productive week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm a daily weigher and this far into the process I've got a pretty good handle on how my body works. My highest weigh-in is on Monday and then my lowest weigh-in is usually on Friday morning. As part of my maintenance plan I eat under my TDEE during the week and then Friday-Sunday I eat above my TDEE. It all evens out and I've had no problems staying within my 5lb maintenance range for two years now doing this :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ugg! I hate when your bodies do that!! As women, our bodies are just a mystery! Keep up the good work, and you will see results!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's a frustrating journey at times, but I'm determined to stay focused this time. Usually, I get a why bother attitude when I know I've been doing the right things. I won't let the scale define how I feel about me - yes, I want to loose weight, but if I've had a good week (food & exercise) then I'm going to celebrate it just as I would a loss. I never step on the scale at home.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...