SOCIAL MEDIA

Tuesday, July 7, 2015

Redeeming my 10 lb. Reward and Planning my 20 lb. Reward

I met my 10 lb. goal back on May 8th and this past weekend I finally got around to redeeming my reward for losing 10 lbs. My chosen reward was a pedicure. I also wanted to treat my mom to a pedicure for all of the help & support that she gave me when I was first diagnosed with PPD—so it finally worked out that we could go.

IMG_2965

I also gave myself a spray tan, brightened my lips, whitened my teeth, added mascara and eyeliner, removed the freckles on my nose, reduced the size of my nose and did a little nip and tuck to a couple of areas too. Full disclosure, I had fun “photoshopping” this photo—lol I’ve never done that before and started playing around and had some fun. I kind of like my new nose! hehe

Anyways, the pedicure was absolutely wonderful. The place that we went to pampered us. It was the best experience that I have ever had getting a pedicure and it wasn’t even that expensive.

IMG_2952

It was a good reminder that I need to start taking time like that for myself every once in a while. It was rejuvenating. Ok, this is what we actually look like. haha

IMG_2964

I had a great time with my mom chatting and laughing. It was a lot of fun!

IMG_2948

While we were browsing the brochure of services, I decided what my 20 lb. goal will be. I’m going to get a facial! I’ve never had one before and it just sounded really nice. I think it will also make me feel good about myself, like getting the pedicure did.

Have you ever had a facial? What did you think?

11 comments :

  1. Photoshop or not, you are both beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad you finally enjoyed your reward. My sister got me a day at the spa a few years back when I was in the middle of a huge move. I'm not one who likes people touching me, but the facial was awesome. I was so relaxed and felt great for days afterwards.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've had a couple of facials and they're fun :) Another idea for a future reward is a massage-these are awesome and most salons offer them.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have had a couple of facials...waaaay back when and I should do it more because I do remember enjoying it immensely. UNLIKE the one and only pedicure I have ever received and will NEVER do again.

    Don't touch my feet (especially on the underside/heel/or toes) pretty much covers the whole foot no? I am way too ticklish.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oooh I want details on whatever app you used for photoshop, LOL. I think you look great both ways ;) And a facial is heavenly. You will LOVE it. I think they're more relaxing than a massage!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I still have to get my 25lb mani/pedi--I'm sure I'll get around to it one of these days. A facial is a great idea! I've never had one either; I may need to add that to my goal rewards.

    Oh, when I first looked at the photo before reading the post, I thought, "Whoa, she looks airbrushed!" Haha. I much prefer your authentic self!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love facials--if done by the right person lol.
    Congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Well, I didn't even notice the photoshop until you said it. I guess I'm easy to trick. LOL I'm glad you had a great, fun, relaxing reward day with your mom! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love this! I'll be honest that I always make this "cool plans" regarding rewards when I reach certain milestones but most of the time I dont do them (even after reaching a goal). I have to "make it up to me" you definitely inspired me with this post!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congrats on the well deserved treat! It reminds me I need to plan my reward as well. It will sure put some extra fire in all the food journaling efforts :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love rewards!! Good choice especially involving your mom :) You are both beautiful!!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...