SOCIAL MEDIA

Friday, July 24, 2015

Weigh in Day: My Body is Weird

Close up of scale on white background

 

After a couple of weeks without exercise or tracking my points you can about imagine what I would see on the scale. But guess what?

I lost 2.5 lbs.!

I am just as shocked. If you remember, three weeks ago I had a fantastic week and gained 1.7 lbs. I’ve jokingly mentioned before that I seem to lose when I eat more and exercise less. Once again this has proved true. My body is weird.

Obviously that philosophy is flawed, but it does give me some insight into the way that my body works. Starving myself won’t be beneficial, nor will bingeing uncontrollably. It’s that ground right in between of just normal eating of pretty much everything in moderation. And of course a focus on the healthy things. That’s how I lost the weight before and that’s how I can lose it again. How could I forget this?

Stats:

 
This Week
Last Week
Weekly Points Used:
-
-
Activity Points Earned:
18
17
Activity Points Used:
-
-
Total Steps:
44,216
43,518
Weight Loss this Week:

2.5 lbs.

-

I’m glad that I had a loss because it puts me at 11 lbs. lost, which is just .3 lbs. above my lowest weight. I’m ready to get serious about this again and this time I will have the help of hubby. He is wanting to lose some weight again and I think we can do this together.

Next week will be the first week that I begin to use my Passion Planner to schedule my days. I’ve planned a 6 a.m. wake up to workout. I will have to see how this goes and if it’s something I think I could keep doing and enjoy it.

The other option is to workout in the evenings with hubby, but it’s too easy to decide I’m too tired at the end of the day and not want to do anything. I used to enjoy getting my workout out of the way first thing but I’m not going to hold myself to any specific schedule for the following week because this is all about determining when I enjoy working out the most so that I can be consistent with it. I’ll start with this plan next week and go from there.

I’ve also realized that I haven’t been cooking like I used to. In the past, I would try new recipes and find healthy ways to make delicious dishes. This week I’ve made some different meals and they have been very satisfying to the palate. I look forward to trying more recipes next week and also creating a meal plan, at least for suppers.

This is the perfect time of the year to eat healthy. We’ve started to get a lot of produce from hubby’s parents since they have a huge garden: Green beans, zucchini, carrots, potatoes, onions, kale, cabbage, just to name a few. I’m definitely gong to be searching for more zucchini recipes this year. If you have any, please share!

Have a great weekend!

How was your week? Did you meet your goals?

5 comments :

  1. Moderation is typically best so yay for a loss this week! And I love making zucchini-turkey meatballs. Just shred 2 zucchinis and mix it with a package of ground turkey, roll into meatballs and bake until done! Super easy and a good way to sneak in some veggies :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome loss! It certainly messes with your brain to lose weight when you're not really trying, and to gain when you had an awesome week... whenever that happens, I try to remind myself that I retain water when I increase exercise, so the losses I see on my "off" weeks are probably muscle loss (whether that's true, I don't really know). I also try to recall how much better I feel when I eat well and exercise, no matter what the scale shows. Another thing, when I gain on a good week, I look at whether TOM is soon, or if some other factor is causing me to bloat.

    I'm jealous of all the fresh garden produce you have access to!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I met my goal by not having a single beer this week. (Trying to see if it will cut down on my belly bloat!)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just got this whole thing of zucchini recipes in my inbox this week! http://countryviewmarketonline.com/recipes-zucchini-brownies.html
    When you see the recipe that comes up, there are other recipes to the right.

    Girl, my body used to do the SAME thing as far as losing for no reason like that. I mean, I loved it but it sure didn't do me any good mentally to see "rewards" for eating whatever. Lol I am happy for your loss, though. I know that's motivating and feels like a relief! Like you said, now you are in a good restarting place. Yay!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...