SOCIAL MEDIA

Thursday, May 7, 2015

April At Home Date Night: Hubby’s Turn!

Hubby waited until the very last minute to plan our April date night. Seriously, we had our date at 8:30 p.m. on April 30th! And that’s perfectly ok because it felt so romantic and I loved every minute.

In case you are just starting to follow along, at the beginning of the year, hubby and I decided to alternate turns planning a date night each month. Since becoming parents a year ago, we have realized how important it is to foster our relationship. While it’s not always possible for us to leave the house and go out for a date night alone, we plan at home dates!

I put baby girl down for bed and came down the stairs to have hubby stop me and tell me to wait before coming down. He came back and took my hand and walked me to our enclosed porch.

He had set the patio table and had a sushi supper removed from take out containers and placed perfectly on dishes. He had three little candles burning and had placed a red tulip in a little vase on the table. It was just perfect. The sun was setting and the weather was just right. It made me so happy that he put together something so romantic for us.

IMG_2356

Once we started eating, I noticed he had written a note on my napkin.

IMG_2354

Wasn’t that just the sweetest plan for a date night at home?

It was so nice and relaxing to eat a delicious meal as just the two of us. We had nice conversation and a great time together.

May is my turn! Hmmm…better start planning!

Interested in previous date nights?

January

February

March

9 comments :

  1. Such a sweetheart he is :). Great idea. Maybe we should implement this at our house!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should! It's a fun way to spend quality time together.

      Delete
  2. Awwww. That was super sweet! When I saw the pic in my feed, I thought it was roasted marshmallows on the plate and a little fire to roast them on. I don't like sushi, so I would've preferred the marshmallows. Ha! That was so awesome that he made it super special in so many different ways. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. what a great idea and your husband is such a sweet heart..those napkins brought a smile to my face :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. So romantic! Love these ideas!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Omg this post made my heart melt. What a romantic guy you have in your hands! I absolutely love it. I am not married yet but when I do I'll make sure to keep your monthly date night idea in mind. I think is genius! I may actually try that with my boyfriend (when he shows up in my life lol :)...Thanks for sharing this. Sushi was a bonus! One of my favorite foods by far.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I would have died......so cute!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This so sweet!! Your hubby is adorable to do all this :) Lucky girl!!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...