SOCIAL MEDIA

Tuesday, May 12, 2015

Creamy Mango Dessert Cups Recipe (6 PointsPlus)

There is a store where I grew up in Illinois called Valli Produce. I am envious of my mother who gets to shop there on a regular basis. This store has the most amazing selection of produce for outstanding prices. The bakery has all kinds of decadent desserts and the deli has a wide selection of unique foods. Not to mention, they also sell international foods and that makes shopping there a lot of fun. I love to try new things and especially enjoy the chocolate from Europe.

How did I get from produce to chocolate? Ha! Can’t say I’m surprised!

Anyways, my lovely mother almost always brings us fresh produce when she comes to visit—she asks me what I want but really, we will eat anything. Whatever is on sale! I love it when she arrives and my refrigerator becomes the home of a rainbow of produce.

When my parents visited for baby girl’s 1st birthday party, they brought along pineapple, papaya, a crate of mangos (only $4.99 for the whole thing), blueberries, raspberries, limes, pears, kiwi, strawberries, and sweet peppers. I am probably forgetting something here—but we used the deliciousness at baby girl’s party.

Sienna's First Birthday 043

Tropical fruit is most definitely my favorite. It tasted like Mexico.

My dad cut up the mango & pineapple and I cut up the papaya (while hubby sucked the juicy fruit left on the skin). We had plenty for the fruit salad and also plenty left over! I froze some of the mango and papaya and we’re enjoying it this week. There is nothing better than juicy gold mango.

I had about six more mangos left that weren’t quite ripe yet. I let them ripen and then cut them up. We had a TON more mango—which made hubby and I pretty happy! I looked up recipes for mango and came upon this mango pie recipe and decided to tweak it and make it my own.

This is the perfect dessert for summer time. It’s light and refreshing. I served it for hubby’s parents and they had nothing but good things to say. Hubby’s only complaint was that there wasn’t more for seconds!

Pella & Mango 009

Creamy Mango Dessert Cups

Serves: 4 Serving Size: ~1/2 cup PointsPlus Per Serving: 6

Ingredients:

  • Two cups Mango puree (cut up mango and put it in the blender until smooth)
  • 1/2 cup water
  • One packet of Knox Gelatine (unflavored)
  • 8 oz. package of Neufchatel at room temperature (1/3 less fat than regular cream cheese)
  • 5 doonks of pure stevia extract or to taste (or sweetener of choice)

Directions:

  1. Heat 1/2 cup of water on the stove. Once boiling, slowly pour the packet of Knox Gelatine into the water, stirring continuously until dissolved. Remove from heat and allow to cool to room temperature. It will become like jelly when it has cooled.
  2. Pour the mango puree and Neufchatel into a mixing bowl. Mix well. Add the cooled gelatin and mix. If you have lumps of cream cheese/gelatin, pour the mixture into the blender until smooth. Add sweetener to taste. (if you have a good strong blender, you could bypass the mixing bowl step and use the blender instead).
  3. Pour the mixture into four serving dishes. Place into the refrigerator to set. When serving, top with a little whipped cream.

 

I hope you enjoy this recipe as much as we did! Let me know what you think!

6 comments :

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...