SOCIAL MEDIA

Wednesday, May 27, 2015

Join me over there... and more

Today I’m guest posting for Becky over at Olives ‘n’ Wine. Becky, her husband, and their adorable dog (Mitchell) just welcomed a handsome baby boy to their family. I’m happy to be filling in while she becomes familiar with motherhood!

Becky is a new-to-me blogger and her blog has quickly become one of my favorites. Head on over to check out my post and her blog!

In other news, I was feeling completely exhausted this morning and had that "out of breath" feeling. I decided it was finally time to see what's up with the at home sleep study. Hubby and I both decided that paying the $283 to have the test done is much better than me dying in my sleep or something. I just feel like something isn't right--we will find out. I'm supposed to get the kit in 3-5 days. I'm not happy about it, but I do know that I am taking the steps to better my health...if I do happen to have sleep apnea.

I was just having one of those days when I didn't want to leave the house or be seen by anyone. However, it is such a beautiful day that I knew I had to let baby girl enjoy being outside. So I got myself together and headed out for a walk.

I wanted to see if the pool was open yet and find out when they're having aqua aerobic classes, but they were closed. The pool was filled though! Yippee! It won't be long. I think it will be fun to take baby girl there... we'll see how it goes and I might have to get a season pass so I can go whenever I want to for just a short period of time or whatever.

I felt so much better for getting out of the house. It felt really good to walk and enjoy the sunshine. I took baby girl to the park. She was pretty excited when she saw other little children playing. A particular little boy came over and he would just stand by us but not say anything. lol Finally, he told me that he had a baby and pointed to his baby. And then he wanted me to meet his baby brother. It was cute.

Talk about shoving me into a social situation. lol. So I talked to his mom for just a short bit of time... I am so bad at this kind of thing, but I think it went fine. It really does help to have a child to meet people and give you something to talk about. Even though I don't feel comfortable in social situations, it's something that I want to improve so I am putting myself out there to try to better myself...even if it's extremely uncomfortable for me. I'm just awkward...

Baby girl seems to be transitioning from two naps to one nap. I am ok with that because it's easier to go places and do things! I'm kind of excited thinking about the things that we can do...if I can find the courage and the energy. haha... For example, I'm thinking of going to a baby group next week. We will see.

I'm still on track with my points! Only 1 1/2 days to go until weigh in. It takes extra planning and discipline not to use weekly points now that I'm almost out of them! But I'm doing it. Yay for me.

Do you struggle to make new friends as an adult? What summer activities do you love to participate in?

4 comments :

  1. Wait until baby girl is old enough to PUT you in those awkward situations! Lol I am not a shy person, but there are times I would like to have hidden away somewhere. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much for writing up a guest post for me! I really appreciate it... and so does Baby Dean :) And, YES, it is so difficult for me to make friends as an adult. I feel so lame admitting that. Honestly most of my friends in my adult life I have met through my blog. Sounds so strange, but it's true, haha! I really hope having a baby helps us make more friends - We have moved a lot and it is hard to meet people when you aren't in one place for long.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just found your blog, via Tanvee's. I am losing weight and so glad to have found your blog! :)
    good post. Congrats to Becky!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Finding friends as an adult is hard for me too. A lot of my friends have been "situational" friends, and now that my kids have grown and are out of school, we really don't see each other as much. :)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...