SOCIAL MEDIA

Tuesday, December 27, 2011

Update on FIL

Life has been pretty crazy since last Thursday. We initially thought that the situation with hubby’s Dad was not serious so we left for my hometown, which is 4 hours away. We ended up making the trip back to Iowa on Friday. Hubby’s Dad had major surgery and had many problems. They have temporarily sewn him back up. They have been unable to wean him off of the ventilator since then. So far he is stable and sedated so he is resting and hopefully healing inside. His body cannot handle being off the ventilator yet. But that is the next step. There is a lot of fluid on his lungs yet. My Mother in law is worried, as anyone would be, but she is holding up well. The hospital is a couple of hours from where we live. We slept on the floor at the hospital Friday night but got a hotel room for Saturday night. We came back home to check on things Sunday night and slept at home, but went back up to spend Monday there. Hubby had to work today. I am just resting and getting things done at home. We will go back up tonight and back home again. We are glad for the family who has been supportive. We are keeping positive all will turn out well! Just wanted to update you all on what’s going on.

5 comments :

  1. I'm keeping your FIL and your family in my thoughts and prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thinking of your family Alissa. I know how hard it is to see a loved one on the vent, but sometimes it is for the best so that the body can heal. I will say a prayer for your family... for your husband, and for you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Did I miss a post that told what is wrong/what happened to cause all this? Sorry if so. I just wondered where all this came from for him. I will do my best to remember him in my prayers. Thanks for giving an update.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh wow! Sending thoughts and prayers your way. xoxo

    Jen@FoodFamilyFitness

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...