SOCIAL MEDIA

Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Being Honest about WI and Guest Posts Needed

My WI did not go well today. I gained 3.3 lbs.—added on to what I gained last week. I am up about 5.7 lbs. from my lowest weight. It’s no surprise to me. I saw it coming. Please understand that it’s very hard for me to come on here and admit that I have gained weight AGAIN, so please be kind with your judgments. I didn’t even want to post today. I tend to be hard enough on myself, I’m just putting it out here so I know I am being honest with myself and with you. Losing weight can be a winning battle and also a struggle sometimes. Just being real.

I am blaming it 60% on myself and 40% on TOM. Oh and can I also blame it on there being too many celebrations and delicious foods around? I normally keep sweet treats out of the house, but I’ve had to make things for social events, so here they are…and so I eat. I’ll be happy when the holidays are over. Normally our holidays are pretty low key, but it seems like it’s been one event after another this year. And today was the work Christmas party… a potluck was involved. But I made up for it by eating a healthy and delicious salad for supper.

Hubby and I have a plan to compete from after the holidays until the cruise. He wants to get rid of a few pounds too. It should be great motivation to not only get the weight I’ve gained off…but to get to ONEDERLAND! Which I will get to eventually…guaranteed.

I also had a great talk with my sister this afternoon and I told her how I felt. She reassured me that even thin people struggle during the holidays. She suggested to enjoy the foods but up my exercise and really put in the time and work in that area right now to try to make up for enjoying some of those foods I only get once a year. That made me feel better. So I’m going to try to work out over the weekend more than usual.

Are you struggling this holiday season? What is your game plan?

Also, I am looking for people to write guest posts during our time away! If you’re interested, please shoot me an email at AJourney2Thin@gmail.com. I have quite a few days that I need covered, so please don’t be shy! I will, of course, link back to your blog also!

11 comments :

  1. I feel your pain, I haven't even gone to a weigh in and I don't think they are even open this Saturday or next Saturday, so I am doing my best to stay on track, but I'm failing. Miserably.

    Jen@FoodFamilyFitness

    ReplyDelete
  2. i completely get it this time of year seems to be sooooo stressful and there is way to much food around which makes for weight gain

    im in the same place gained the last 2 weeks but we will both go back down

    just keep remembering lifestyle not diet a lifestyle change and in life there r ups and downs

    ReplyDelete
  3. i totally feel your pain -- this year i kinda have it more in check than last (i gained 8 lbs between thanksgiving & xmas) but it is a struggle for us all & i completely commend you on your honesty -- i know how hard it is to be real.

    at least you are weighing-in & being accountable -- that gain last year caused me to run away & quit weight watchers -- so you are way on top of it than i was -- so kudos for that!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I posted on my blog last night about how I'm doing. Just honestly, I am sick of feeling like a "failure" the last 2 weeks from trying and still not making it work! I have decided this is ONLY once a year. What other holiday season lasts for a month of celebrations, yanno???? LOL. I will be starting 2012 right at 20 pounds lighter than I started 2011, so YAY FOR ME!!! What did you start 2011 at? Has it improved? If so, YAY FOR YOU!!!!

    I wouldn't mind guest posting at all, but honestly I will be super busy, too. I am excited about getting back with the program 110% come January and losing the last of my weight, Lord willing, by December of 2012. It has taken me from April until December to lose 20 pounds. I never dreamed that would be so. But you know what? You just gotta roll with the punches. I'd rather take this long to lose 20 pounds and keep it off for good than to have lost all my 50 by this time just to gain it back in no time. :)

    MERRY CHRISTMAS!!! You are awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Being honest with yourself is how you learn to move forward. Sometimes weightloss TRULY sucks but overall, the good outweighs the bad. It may be slow at times, it may be hard work but you wouldn't have lost so many lbs if you didn't try.

    Don't be too hard on yourself, Winter is the worst time for eating due to all the available "Comfort" foods and the general feelings of festivities.

    Pick yourself up, enjoy Christmas whatever you do without feeling guilty and start 2012 with a bang. You can do it. x

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think we can all relate to this. I've put on loads lately and working hard to shave some of those pounds off.

    It's a long haul and unfortunately calories in versus calories out doesn't often balance. But if you hold strong and keep making the effort, something will shift and progress will happen.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Been there, done that, got the t-shirt. It is so hard to go through this because it seems to be a cycle and we have to hit the bottom of it before going back up. I read one blogger say she couldn't get back on track until after an awful binge. I hope you don't do that and find a way to break this cycle. I have blogged before that I just can't figure out why I want to lose this weight so badly and do the very things that keep it from happening. When you figure it out, would you please let me know? Merry Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Everyone has a different approach over Christmas. My mindset is this:

    I have abused my body for many years. I have eaten what I wanted most of my life.. So why not take 1 Christmas where I don't. Where I continue the great work I have done over the last 4 months. Next year I can let loose a little. The next 40 Christmas' can be normal.. but I am giving this one Christmas to my health and body.

    Losing weight is hard, losing the same lb twice sucks. Exercising to lose a lb I already lost makes me mad :)

    Not an approach for everyone, just detailing mine since you asked :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Alissa, I think we're ALL struggling a bit with the scale at this time of the year, but it is only for a week or so, and I refuse to be deprived of my once a year treats. Your sister is very wise, a few more workouts and you'll balance it all out. I'm happy to guest post for you while you are away. If you're still lookin' for posters, I'm here for you. Have a happy Friday. (and I agree about Michelle Obama too, she's gorgeous!)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I am sorry about your WI this week. Don't be too hard on yourself. It's a rough time of the year to be losing. Fingers crossed the next WI will be a huge loss!

    ReplyDelete
  11. WI's are hard and yet we all go through it week by week. THe art of stepping on the scale and waiting kills us. A loss is a loss and a gain is just that... a gain. One week or one day should not define you, weigh in, regroup and re-evaluate and start over again.... its all part of the process to successful weight loss... good luck

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...