SOCIAL MEDIA

Thursday, December 8, 2011

Last Day of Class

Last night, I ended my post by saying I was planning on eating some Healthy Pop popcorn. Well guess what? I listened to my body and realized I wasn’t in the least bit hungry, but wanted something a little sweet. So instead, I had a little bit of SF Jell-O and that was it. No popcorn for me. That’s what I love about SF, I don’t feel the need to “use up” points because I’ll lose them if I don’t use them. I just eat when I’m hungry and don’t eat when I’m not. Who would have thought it would be so simple? Yet it’s so new to me, and probably would  be to many of us who struggle with eating issues. But I call that a NSV. Smile

For breakfast this morning, I ate a full serving of oatmeal with a sliced banana, a chicken sausage link, and a glass of skim milk.

12811 001

I’m starting to look forward to a little bit of protein with my breakfast in the morning. I’ve found that as long as I eat the protein with something like oatmeal or toast, I’m good. I don’t wake up and think, “I can’t wait to eat eggs and bacon for breakfast”, but I do think, “Yum, an egg/sausage sounds good with a side of oatmeal.”  For some reason, I have always craved carbs for breakfast. Maybe because I’ve always eaten cereal my entire life? But this is a small change that I am seeing big results from.

I had all of my homework completed, so it was time to continue working on my final projects. I have a 10 page research paper, a test (along with an essay I need to prepare for), and 4 essays that will equal about 10 pages worth. I was able to get some research done yesterday, so now it’s time to start reading everything. I’ve certainly got my work cut out for me! While doing that, I sipped on coffee with FF creamer.

12811 002

After working for a while, I hopped on the treadmill for a workout. I ran 1 mile in 10:47 and walked the rest of 1.5 miles in 20:47 total. I burned 277 calories.

I watched the BL marathon last night. I am SO impressed by what they can do after such a short time. It was very inspiring to me to see them finish, even the old ones! I was a little annoyed at the ones who had serious joint problems that didn’t want to quit. Injuring yourself is not worth finishing, in my opinion. But I was glad to see the Dr. pull some people this year. Good idea. I liked how they showed how hard a marathon is. Some years, they make it look so easy! So that was my inspiration as I ran today. That and imagining running a marathon with my sister (who has run two) someday…are you game, Angie? Smile

Oh, and I totally rocked out to this song on repeat the ENTIRE time! It’s very motivating and I love the words. After losing this weight and improving my fitness level significantly—I really do “get a feeling that I never, never had before!” or “Giving up is not an option.” Looks like Flo Rida is a runner, too!

Flo Rida

For my brunch, I ate 2 eggs cooked with FF cheese and FF turkey.

12811 007

I also had light Apricot Mango yogurt with 1 Tbs. milled flax.

12811 003

I took a few minutes to read some blogs. I’m really excited to almost be done with school and I can spend more time reading blogs and concentrate on improving mine. Yay! What would you like to see more of on my blog?

Today was my very last day of class. I got two papers back and got A’s on them—so that made me feel good! There wasn’t enough time for very many people to make presentations in my third class, so I got out of that one! Yay!

Before my second class, I ate an orange.

12811 004

And a package of Somersaults snacks, dutch cocoa, for 2 points.

12811 006

I was so hungry after class and feeling headachey, so I ran through McDonald’s and got a FF cappuccino.

IMAG0178

It was delish and satisfying.

I wasn’t in the mood to cook tonight, but I looked though the cupboards and thought I was making a meal with mostly Power Foods but I was wrong. I’m living and learning I guess!

For example, I ate a salad with lettuce, carrots, tomato, 1 Tbs. Feta, and FF Ranch. I thought I saw FF salad dressing on the power foods list, but I was wrong, so this was 3 points.

12811 010

I also thought canned tomato soup was on the list, but it’s on an old list for filling foods that I happened to come across and that’s why I was confused. So I made this delicious sauce using canned tomato soup, still low in points though! I also added lean beef and served this over whole wheat pasta. I also had a slice of wheat bread with a few sprays of spray butter and garlic powder. 1 point.

12811 011

So overall, not so bad—but 4 points more for supper than I thought I was using. Sad smile

So I planned on having a satisfying dessert tonight. I picked up a mini piece of cheesecake at the store and I savored every single bite. So good. 8 points.

12811 012

I’m ok using planned points, like the cheesecake, But it’s always annoying when you use points you don’t mean to. I ended up eating 14 of my 49 weekly points tonight. Tomorrow, I will try to eat 100% power foods again. Like I said, didn’t mean to eat the 4 points—so that’s a little disappointing to me. But what can ya do! At least I’m satisfied. I also didn’t get in very many fruits/veggies today. One of those days I guess. But I did earn some Activity Points, so that helps!

7 comments :

  1. I love reading your blog. I think it's great. How many daily points do you get? I get a bunch, but it's because I got some serious poundage on right now. Glad to hear you are done with class. Yay!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is what sucks about having meetings on Saturdays, I don't know a thing about the changes yet! I can't wait until Saturday morning!!!

    Jen@FoodFamilyFitness

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just started eating chicken sausage and tried the breakfast ones recently they are so good. I am now addicted! xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Of course I'm game for another marathon!! Flo Rida's the bomb lol yay I can comment on my ph!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. All that food looks great, but I love the mango yogurt with the flax - what a great combo! Good for you on keeping up with those points - that's what works.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Off topic, but you have the cutest dishes!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Alissa, BIG BIG yay for classes being done!!!!! Way to go on the simply filling!!! Have a great Friday.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...