SOCIAL MEDIA

Tuesday, December 13, 2011

1 Hour Workout and My Eats

Oof, my weight was still up about 4 lbs. this morning! Why is it that it takes SO long to lose weight, but you can have a weekend of less than stellar eating and it comes back on over night? It will come off eventually, I know…but tomorrow is WI day and I really don’t want to have a gain that big! Onward and forward though…

For breakfast this morning, I was craving oatmeal. So I had a serving of oatmeal with milled flax and a sliced banana along with a glass of skim milk.

121311 001

And as usual, I unloaded and reloaded the dishwasher and took care of household tasks before getting started on my finals work.

While working, I sipped on coffee with FF creamer.

121311 002

A few hours later, I ate 2 clementines.

121311 003

I was really hungry about 4 hours after breakfast, which is probably understandable. I guess I’m getting used to eating more protein for breakfast and my body missed it today. So I decided to just eat my “lunch” at 9:30 since I was genuinely hungry.

I ate 2 eggs/2 egg whites with mushrooms, tomatoes and lentils, which I topped with peach salsa, along with shredded potatoes.

121311 005

It was delish!

I waited about an hour and still felt sort of hungry. I don’t know what was up with me today! Hungry, hungry, hungry! So I ate an apple with some PB for 3 points.

121311 006

That seemed to satisfy and fill me up!

A while later, I sipped on Tisamo Cacao tea. You can read about this tea here.

121311 014

I spent a good 7 hours working on one of my finals. I got the research out of the way and started writing the paper. I was about 1/3 done with the paper, but once I start writing, it really just flows out from there. But I was tired of working on it, so I took a break.

I was hungry again. Imagine that. But it was also a good 4 hours after I ate lunch... Hmmm 4 hours seems to be consistent here! I ate a 1/2 chicken salad sandwich.

121311 015

I also had carrots.

121311 016

I was trying to eat “real” foods today. Even though I was hungry, I decided I’d be better off eating the real thing than trying to eat snack foods. Mini meals vs. snacks.

I was feeling tired, and I had a lot to accomplish, so I decided to drink some more coffee with FF creamer.

121311 017

And I got more work done on my paper…I now only have about 3 pages left to write! I spent a good 9 hours working on my paper today…

And then I decided to work out. I did 1/2 of a Tae Bo Cardio workout for 30 minutes and burned 171 calories.

After that, I hopped on the treadmill for a walk/run. I walked .25 and ran .25 for 2 miles in 30:17. I burned 314 calories.

That’s a total of 485 calories. Not too bad! I’m hoping I have more time and energy, now that I will be done with school, to work out and to get in longer workouts. It will depend on my schedule at work though as far as how long the workouts are. I’ll keep doing what I can though. But I know I had success when I was doubling my workouts earlier this year, even if they’re broken up into multiple sessions.

Hubby got home later than usual, so we had a late supper. I made fish tacos and also ended up having a few tortilla chips with guacamole. A few too many points that I probably shouldn’t have eaten…

121311 018

So there ya have it! I’m glad tomorrow is the start of my new week. I feel that I ate really healthy foods today, for the most part! I just feel a little lost since I know I was already over my points from this past weekend.

Congrats to Sommer for winning the Cookies for Kids' Cancer spatula.

2 comments :

  1. I think this time of year has finally gotten to me. We have been rushing around with pictures and Christmas shopping. Treats and temptations are everywhere. I am taking 3 past weeks of awesomeness and wrecking them with wanting to eat all of a sudden. Blah. Your food does look healthy today!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It sucks how it takes so long to lose and a matter of days to gain. It's really not fair. I'm feeling your pain. I totally overdid it this past weekend.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...