SOCIAL MEDIA

Friday, December 2, 2011

Trying Simply Filling

Finally Friday!! I have never been so anxious for the weekend!

For breakfast this morning, I had a piece of toast with PB and sliced bananas, a hard boiled egg, and a glass of milk for 8 points. (4 points on Simply Filling…read on for more info!)

12211 001

While working, I drank coffee with half and half for 1 point.

12211 002

Look what I got in the mail today from my Mom!!

12211 010

What a fun surprise! I can’t wait to cook out of this book. I have been wanting this for some time. Thanks, Mom!

On my first break, I ate an apple with PB for 3 points.

12211 003

For lunch, I had a tuna sandwich with tomato for 6 points. (0 SF)

12211 004

I also had leftover homemade chicken noodle soup, that I had in the freezer, for 3 points.

12211 005

And I finished it up with blackberries for 0 points.

12211 006

So the new WW changes seem pretty straightforward to me. All I can see that is different, as far as the standard Points Plus program, is that you can change the amount of points you eat each day and how many weekly points you are allowed. This seems to make it a little complicated and will take a lot of work on my own to figure out how many points I should be eating to still lose weight.

But I am interested in the Simply Filling (SF) tracking method and actually switched my tracking mode to that method. You really have no choice but to start your week over starting today if you want to track online, which is what I always do. On Simply Filling, you can basically eat any of the foods with the green triangle next to them for free. Think mostly natural foods. I think that might go well with my plan to try to eat more natural foods on one hand, but on the other hand it might not because a lot of the free foods (that aren’t fruits/veggies/meats, etc.) are fat-free which have a lot of added chemicals, I believe. But, seriously, at this point—I’d be ok eating some of those foods until I lose my weight and then focus on being healthier in that respect. Foods like granola bars and 100 calorie packs would cost you points, and I don’t eat those very much anyways. I just need to get this weight off!! It would switch things up for me, maybe give me some new motivation. It seems so much less complicated to me. The good news is, you can change your tracking plan whenever you want. I’m just so tired of struggling and not getting anywhere. I’m getting really discouraged and I know that a lot of it is my own fault, but I can’t help but notice that I stopped losing weight regularly right after WW changed to Points Plus…

I used more weekly points today because I didn’t sign in until this afternoon to see what the changes were. But that’s ok—I just have to get to Wednesday and start a full week. So that’s why I have both point methods listed (if they are different) for my meals up until after lunch. Just remember that some of the meals are less points on SF, but I also only get 49 points per week—only weekly points basically. I have to admit I’m a little scared—but what I’m doing is obviously not working! And I really want to stick with WW. I am just starting to feel overwhelmed with what I’ve been doing.

Is anyone else going to try the simply filling technique? I never tried it on the old plans.

But I love the new look of the website. It’s definitely easier to find what you’re looking for! It feels a lot more “app” like, which I am totally into. I love my smart phone. Plus, they’re coming out with a new barcode scanner app soon. You can scan the UPC and it will tell you how many points. I have an app like that, but it’s not through WW.

I’m sorry that I’ve been so inconsistent in my plans lately. I’m just trying to figure out a resolution. I am taking bits and pieces of all that I’m learning and applying it. So it’s not all in vain. I’m not giving up the natural/unprocessed thing, I am more conscious of it…but if eating FF yogurt will help me get this weight off faster—so be it…for now. Eventually I do want to get away from those types of foods. And I do think the simply filling plan will help me eat more natural foods—for the most part! Your thoughts?

Please keep in mind that my eating isn’t perfect today because we really needed to get groceries!! So I was eating what was left in the house. Do you ever try to clean up what’s in the house before getting more groceries?

On my last break, I ate carrots for 0 points.

12211 007

About that time the internet went down. Thankfully, my boss just let me call it quits for the day so I didn’t have to drive in to the office. Whew!

For supper, I had chicken that I cooked in the crock pot with onions and healthy request cream of mushroom soup along with instant mashed potatoes I found in the cupboard (who knows how long those have been up there!) and green beans for 2 points.

12211 008

I finished it up with a serving of ice cream for 4 points.

12211 009

After supper, hubby and I headed to the grocery store to FINALLY get some groceries. I stocked up on all kinds of fruits and veggies and foods to help me with the Simply Filling plan.

Today, I used 17 of my 49 weekly points. I will definitely have to work on eating more of the filling foods because I can’t use that many points on a daily basis! But I think that will be pretty easy to do. I wasn’t really planning on starting this until over half way through the day. So it’s fine for Day 1!

I do plan on eating some Healthy Pop popcorn tonight. The FF stuff is FREE!! Yay! I have to admit that it’s one of the reasons I decided to give this plan a try. lol

This weekend I plan on relaxing at home and working on homework. Looking forward to being at home and sleeping in tomorrow!!

Have a great weekend!

10 comments :

  1. i am doing simply filling & psyched that the site is finally set up to track it accurately.

    i did it in 2008 when it was called *the core plan* & had my best success while i did it.

    i think it prepares ya for more of an intuitive eating plan by eating clean!

    good luck!

    ♥cyn♥
    misadventures of a chunky goddess

    ReplyDelete
  2. The first time I was trying to lose 100 pounds my weight was stuck after I had lost about 80-90lbs. I switched to what was then the Core plan. I loved it and my weight started falling off. I honestly feel like at this point, I am going in circles with the PP plan. I'm anxious to see how you do on SF..I'm willing to try anything to get my weight loss moving again!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't pinpoint exactly why, but I have struggled with the PP+. It seems like I would have a big loss and then two weeks of small gains - the end result was usually a small loss or maintain which was creating havoc with my mental status. :)

    Five weeks ago, I switched to tracking calories with "my fitness pal" and it has been working much better for me. I'm not saying I will never do WW again, but MFP seems to be the best for me at this time (and it's free!). It's helped me see that bananas and apples aren't really "free" - not that I was eating bushels of them - understanding they really do have a "value" in terms of my body.

    This might not make a lick of sense to anyone else - if not, ignore. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Alissa. I'll be introduced to the new points plus program at my meeting on Tuesday. Look forward to hearing what you think of the simply filling program! Have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love popcorn! I pop some up in my popcorn machine with just a tiny bit of oil and salt. It's really the perfect healthy snack :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. You shouldn't feel like you have to explain your food to us really. If you want to eat ONLY processed foods, it's your life and your blog! :) You just have to find what works best for you. I would probably enjoy being more organic with foods, but with having 4 kids that just doesn't work pricewise! I hope the SF works for you. I've never done it. So far I'm losing with the PP (when I actually follow it right! The setbacks have been 100% my fault, not the plans to this point), so I'm sticking with that. But I am interested in following you on SF! :) Best of luck! I know you are sick of being right on the border of Onderland and it just not happening. (((hugs)))

    ReplyDelete
  7. As a Lifetime WW for 8 years, I've never tried Core or SF. I've adjusted PointsPlus drastically in order to maintain and with those adjustments,I've stayed at or below goal weight. I only know one other person so does SF and she also works for WW. You might visit her blog and ask her about it. Laura has lost around 125 pounds and is keeping it off. :) http://www.runplantstrong.com/

    ReplyDelete
  8. I was planning on signing up for WW next week. I guess I will be able to learn the new program. I am more excited about the online stuff. WW has an app to scan the UPC on items? That is so cool!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I have never done WW, but I did make my own plan and lost 50 lbs in 2008 and have maintained my goal weight. I did it by counting calories, which I assume is similar to WW points. I was pretty sparing with what I considered "free" food. I didn't count calories for carrots, radishes, spinach, but I did count calories for fruit. Don't get me wrong, I love fruit and eat it regularly, but I count the calories. I wonder if it would help if you assigned those "half a point" or something. WW gurus might be cringing, I don't know how flexible the plan is. I love reading your blog and following your progress and I just know you can do this. Keep at it - you'll get there!

    ReplyDelete
  10. The SF method sounds really promising if it encourages you to eat real foods! My vote is to stay away from the processed and chemical foods, because those are less satisfying (better to have half a cup of low fat yogurt without all the additives than a whole cup of lite yogurt, in my book). Most of all, though, I hope you find what's right for you and your body!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...