SOCIAL MEDIA

Sunday, June 26, 2011

Weekend Workouts Day 2

I started the morning off with Day 17 of the 30 Day Shred. I burned 229 calories—which is the most calories I’ve burned since Day 1! I’m on level 2 currently, spending 10 days on each level. I’m excited to measure myself after the 30 Days. Here’s a sampling:

30 Day Shred

Hubby and I spent a couple of hours at the pool today. It felt great to get some sun. I got it in my head that I could get a little swimming workout in. I’m not the best swimmer, but I just kept moving. I swam laps in my own style, not really sure it’s a real stroke but I just swim like a frog. lol I alternated between my front of back and WOW that’s a good workout! I really want to learn how to swim correctly because I enjoy it. I swam laps for 20 minutes.

Swimming Clipart Image: Stick Girl Swimming

And then we came home and rested for a little while before heading out for a run. Hubby and I ran 2.58 miles in 33:21 and I burned 387 calories. Hubby had to deal with a grump the entire run because I was tired and hot from a little bit of a sunburn from the pool. But we finished! Smile

So since Friday night, I got in six workouts and burned 1402 calories, not counting what I burned for swimming because I really don’t know! It feels good to be active!

7 comments :

  1. So impressive and motivational, wow you are amazing!!! Swimming is awesome exercise!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You go girl!! You are such an inspiration!! I hope you realize that!!
    I really wanted to learn a good swim stroke, but I was too embarassed to go to the adult lessons at the pool. My husband bought me the book & movie called "Total Imersion Swimming". It's AWESOME! I did all of the drills and followed the program exactly and I was at the pool once and my son's swim coach was there. I asked him about my stroke and he watched me swim a few laps and told me my stroke looked great and all I needed to work on was my speed & endurance ~ and just six weeks prior to that I didn't even know how to swim with a proper stoke!
    Anyway, awesome job on your workouts this weekend!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW!!!! You are amazing! You are sure earning the activity points! have a great day Alissa!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You're doing so great! I just caught up on your last few posts. Congrats on the loss at weigh in! And I love that you're thinking like a skinny girl. It works! As for the 30 DS, I hated level 2. Love level 3, though. If only I could motivate myself to do it again...

    ReplyDelete
  5. What an active weekend! You go, girl! I'm so impressed that your day is scheduled around fun, social fitness activities. That's so much better than vegetating in front of the tv, or chowing down at brunch!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow! So much exercising! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Girl, you are doing amazing. With all the swimming, biking and running I do, I feel terrible because I know I should be strength training too. I just never have the time. Ugh! Nor do I make the time! And I love strength training! LOL

    I watched YouTube videos by Dave Scott to learn to swim freestyle. There's also some good once by "The Race Club" I went from learning to swim off of YouTube to taking Masters swim! You can learn a ton from the tube. If you look that up, also look-up the drills called "catch-up" and "finger-tip drag". Those will help you build a really good stroke. Keep up the awesome work!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...