SOCIAL MEDIA

Thursday, March 10, 2011

I’m Not “Dieting”

I was tired this morning- this getting up at 5 AM is starting to wear on me! But it’s almost the end of the work week!

For breakfast, I had 1 cup of strawberries, blueberries and a sliced banana along with a Thomas Cinnamon Raisin Bagel thin topped with whipped honey nut cream cheese and a glass of 1% milk for 7 points.

31011 001

I spent some time relaxing after hubby left and then I jumped on the stationary bike. I biked for 30 minutes. I’m not sure how many miles I went because the bike doesn’t work right. Every time I try to use resistance it goes dead, so I just pedal. I burned 111 calories- it’s something anyway! I often feel guilty if I don’t burn a ton of calories working out. But I’m trying to tell myself that it’s some activity and I just wasn’t up for running today.

And I was STILL having a hard time waking up. I had 1 cup of coffee left over from yesterday, so I had that- along with FF Vanilla creamer- which I realized is not as many points as I have been counting, I was counting the full fat versions! So I measured out enough so it would be FREE! And it tasted good!

31011 002

I’ve been thinking about approaching “snacks” differently. When I go for a snack, I think I need to have something, well, “snacky.” But what would be wrong with a small meal instead? It’d be more nutritious, more filling, and probably around the same points. So that’s what I did today. I was boiling some eggs for later use, and decided to eat one of those on toast with 2 Cuties on the side for 3 points.

31011 003

And it was good. Winking smile

Before leaving for class, I whipped up a green smoothie with one gigantic orange and spinach for 1 point.

31011 004

I’ve been buying these 8 lb. bags of oranges at Wal-Mart because they’ve been on sale for a great price. And this time the oranges are HUGE- I compared one from the last bag to the new bag and they’re twice the size. Not only that, but they peal with the ease of a Cuties clementine- they’re PERFECT!

Class went fine today with no harassing- yay! And now it’s spring break!!

When I climbed in the car, I threw my bag over to the passenger seat and it must have grabbed my smoothie cup in the cup holder- because it broke my straw!! Sad smileI might have to buy a new smoothie glass- I LOVE these. I have two of them, so I still have one good one left.

31011 007

On my way home, I snacked on a light cheese stick for 1 point.

31011 005

I made a quick sandwich when I got home and heated it in the microwave: light bread, ham, muenster cheese, and avocado. I also had a serving of Baked BBQ chips for a total of 10 points.

31011 006

I finished it up with a No Pudge! brownie for 3 points.

31011 008

For supper, I made a grilled PB/Banana sandwich- which was the most delicious thing I have eaten in a LONG, LONG time. I also used up some egg beaters (which I topped with salsa) for a total of 8 points.

31011 009

And I decided to use some weekly points for a small turtle sundae for 6 points.

31011 010

I feel like periodically, I just need to say that I know I am not a perfect “dieter.” I am not trying to “diet” to tell you the truth. I am creating a healthier lifestyle that will be sustainable FOR ME. It is working for me. I am not trying to win any races with losing weight as fast as I can. I’m not trying to be a health fanatic. I know I would lose faster if I ate “diet” foods, but that’s not my purpose. My plan is for the long term. For me, this isn’t just about looking good on a swim suit. It’s about being happy about who I am. It’s about enjoying life, including food, to the fullest in a healthy way. It’s about controlling my emotional eating by being IN CONTROL of my emotions. It’s about having a healthy relationship with food. So when you read my blog- just keep that in mind! I’m not “dieting”. Just throwing that out there. Winking smile

Hubby and I plan to relax and watch the BL tonight. Yay! Smile I’m happy that tomorrow is Friday but I’d be happier if I didn’t have to work! It’s going to be 54 degrees! Halleluiah! I think spring is almost here!!

15 comments :

  1. I get the not dieting, but are were you this hungry or just eating because you could? I ask because there's a lot of sugar in your meals and what that could be doing is spiking your blood sugar and leaving you feeling hungry again. It just looks like a lot of food with not a lot of nutritional value.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I appreciate your concern- would you mind telling me who you are rather than commenting as anonymous? Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The whole journey is a learning process. You eat different now than you did in the beginning, and you will likely eat different in another 6 months.

    That PB and banana sandwich sounds so good! I need to get some bananas.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I totally agree with Lori about the whole journey thing. When I first started the whole weight loss process I tried to just keep it simple. For me it was just calories in and calories out. When I kind of had that down then I worked on making the calories a bit better. It is just all a long journey and I actually think it is better to take the journey slowly because you have more learning time and maintenance will be easier. Keep the faith - you are doing this your way and it is working!

    ReplyDelete
  5. it isn't dieting, it is about changing how you eat and embracing that change so it sticks and becomes your lifestyle

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oooh I should try that PB/ banana sandwich. Personally, that's why I like WW, its really not a diet. It just teaches you how much to eat and what is higher/lower in cals and nutrition value so you can live normally. PS- Don't you just love how someone posts anonymously so they don't have to be accountable for their judgemental opinions?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Grilled any kind of sandwich is so good!

    ReplyDelete
  8. That's what I tell people, I don't diet, I live this way! for life!!

    HS

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm going to have to try those No Pudge! brownies..looks yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi! I am new to your blog but super interested in seeing how other people eat, since everyone is so different.I agree with your idea about the snack thing, snack foods aren't always the best choice and sometimes for me leave me mentally not filled. The only thing I would suggest as an onlooker is maybe adding some more vegetables to your diet in place of one of the carbs. I saw there was some spinach and some avocado, but that's it for veggies.
    Spinach is wonderful! and so is avocado as a healthy fat. Not sure if you are not a veggie person, but just a personal opinion. I look forward to following your blog : )

    ReplyDelete
  11. You are so wise. It IS a "lifestyle" not a "diet" - and you are doing AMAZINGLY well. You have embraced healthier changes in both eating and exercise and are a true success story. Keep doing what you're doing because its working for you!! Have a great day.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thanks for telling me where to find the cream cheese but I don't have an Aldi store within 500 miles of me so I will look for something that will work. I DID find the No Pudge brownie mix at Kroger, got to figure out how to do the one cup serving like you do. Thanks again for all the help, I am still having your spinach/orange smoothie everyday. P.S. I guess you know those grilled peanut/butter nanner sammiches are home to my home--TN! Thank you Elvis!!!But his version is horrible in fat. (I don't really know who invented them, just that legend says he ate the heck out of them.)Thank ya, thank ya very much.....

    ReplyDelete
  13. The dessert looks amazing. And hey, 30 minutes on the bike is better than 0 minutes!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi I just recently started to read your blog. I have for some time tried to eat in a healthier way but I find it a little struggle if I'm truthful.

    I love see your post of the food you're eating. It gives me some great ideas. Thank you

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...