SOCIAL MEDIA

Wednesday, March 23, 2011

A Controlled Carb Day

Weigh in day went just about as expected this morning. I gained 1.2 lbs. I have gained for the past 3 weeks now and am up 3.4 lbs. from my lowest weight. I weighed in at 212.2. I know I have said this for the past 3 weeks, but I am going to make this week a better week.

I decided I would try to do a “controlled carb” day today. Not NO CARB but just lower my carb intake from an average day.

So for breakfast, I had 1/2 cup egg beaters with 1/8 cup 2% cheddar cheese and 1 oz. deli turkey, along with 1 banana and 1 cup of 1% milk for 6 points.

32311 001

That started my day off with 51.2% Carbs, 16.8% Fat and 32% Protein. The goal for today was to get to 40% Carbs, 30% Fat and Protein. So a little higher in the carbs for breakfast, but that can be evened out throughout the day. The carbs were from the milk and the banana- which was planned because I always drink 1 cup of milk and eat 1 banana a day because they’re good for you.

Before signing in to work, I made a cup of Duchess Grey tea with 1 packet of sweet and low for 0 points.

32311 002

For my first break, I had 1 oz. of Reduced fat sharp cheddar cheese and .5 oz. dry roasted peanuts for 4 points.

32311 003

This evened out my pie chart to 36.76% carbs, 33.09% fat and 30.15% protein- which put me a lot closer to that 40-30-30 goal.

I also had an AirBorne in water this time for 0 points. There is a lot of sodium in these tablets though, and 1 carb. Interesting when you pay attention to it! I’m hoping these work! Anyone else use these?

32311 004

For lunch, I had a salad made up of lettuce, spinach, tomato, 1/4 cup 2% cheddar cheese, 3 oz. chicken, 2 Tbs. BBQ sauce, and 1 Tbs. flax seeds for 6 points.

32311 005

And for dessert, I had 1/3 cup of light vanilla yogurt with 1/2 cup each of strawberries and blackberries for 1 point.

32311 006

This brought my totals to 41.77% carbs, 28.92% fats, and 29.32% protein.

I was really craving something sweet, so I had a small Reese’s egg for 2 points.

32311 008

And I had more of this:

32311 004

And a cup of coffee with 2 Tbs. Half and Half with sweet and low for 1 point.

32311 009

For supper, I had a mission carb balance whole wheat tortilla with 3 Schwan’s teriyaki chicken wings and a slice of Swiss cheese, along with 1/2 cup of green beans for 7 points.

32311 010

For dessert, I had 1/2 cup of SF chocolate pudding for 2 points.

32311 011

And one last glass of this AGAIN:

32311 004

Later on, I had a slice of light bread with Justin’s Chocolate Hazelnut butter on top for 4 points.

32311 012

That ends me with 43.69% carbs, 32.4% fat, and 23.92% protein. This is MUCH better than usual. Usually, I have over 50% carbs in a day and not near as much fat or proteins. So I did better today! I won’t be able to do this everyday, and some days I’ll be able to do better- but I set today aside to try to control my carbs- and it worked! I was very close to the 40-30-30 that I was going for- not perfect, but it gave me an idea of what to watch out for. I’ll be interested in seeing what the scale shows tomorrow morning. I know I felt much more full today.

I have 1 point left for the day, so I did well in that aspect too!

14 comments :

  1. Looks like a good day! I need to try that Justin's hazelnut butter. Sounds good!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mmmm . . . that salad with the chicken & bbq sauce looks great! Was that enough to make the salad part of it not just dry salad? I really want to overdo it on dressing all the time so I have to reign it in big time and always measure it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't know why, but it is always fascinating to see all the things people eat in a day. Love your blog! Sometimes it takes a little bit of a switch up in diet/exercise to get the scale moving in the right direction! keep it up!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Interesting day. Are you counting points while you do this as well?

    And that airborne stuff? I tried it once and got sick when I took it. Expensive and not worth it, IMHO.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You had me at Reeses. It's so hard for me to resist those. Hope that lowering the carbs helps out. For me, it's finally making the scale move in the right direction again.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I hope this works for you! It is amazing what is in somethings!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I like the idea of a controlled carb day! Awesome :o)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yay you for moving forward and trying something new. That'll shake up the routine!!! Yay Alissa!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. id be interested to see how many calories you eat in a day. im not trying to mean, really im not, but you eat WAY too much to be losing weight. i notice you didnt eat it today but when you eat your breakfast of two pieces of toast with peanut butter and banana, thats way too much. also todays meal, you dont need that slice of toast at the end of the day nor did you need that bowl of fruit for dessert. it wouldve been ok in itself but then you had the reeses peanut thingy. you had two desserts!

    i know you have said in the past that you want to be able to eat a realistic amount to be able to maintain in the furute...but you arent maintaining now. you are supposed to be losing. you should be able to lose at least one pound a week. cut out alot of the bread stuff you eat. and i cant believe bananas are 0 points! im not denying thats what weight watchers says but everyone knows they are riddled with calories. you eat them like they are celery!

    i know i sound like a bitch but i think you need to make some big changes. im not some skinny cow who has no idea. ive lost 60 pounds in 2009 myself. have maintained if for a year.im not even saying my way is the only way...but this way isnt really working is it. maybe you need to lower your daily points total.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Awesome job with the carbs - I don't really check mine, though I'm sure I should. Maybe your body needs a shock. If you're gaining - try and change your workout routine a bit, give the body a shock in that sense, along with what you're trying in food. Even changing when you eat can make the body burn things differently. I know when I would get stuck, or gain a little, I would cycle my points (when I was on WW previously). I would use all my daily points one day, and the next 2 days leave a spare 5 or so. and then back to all of them. One day a week I'd splurge and use my weekly. usually after a week or two of cycling, I got back on track. I had a great website that offered different tips, I'd have to look it up , but if you're interested let me know and I can send it your way.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great Job Alissa on trying to change it up!!! I have so enjoyed reading your blog and seeing your progress. You have done awesome and should be proud.

    I read Charis comment and thought I would share with you about my plateau. I think Charis has some great points you might want to consider in the future.

    I had lost about 30 lbs on WW and gotten to around 195... and I stayed there for 4 months!! I kept my exercise constant always burning calories with 3days cardio 2 weight training.... my routine was I would gain a little weight, try to eat "better", loose a pound, week after week this continued. I felt I was doing all the right things. I was diligent to track on WW online 5/6 days and stayed within my points range(29 points) and had 20-30 "splurge" points left over including my exercise points. Still no progress was made each week the scale continued to hover. In January I added 60 minutes of cardio 2x a week thinking... I'm gonna get that scale to budge! However, the scale just continued to teeter back and forth. So frustrating. It wasn't until I took a hard look at my eating, that I got the scale to budge. It was the last thing I wanted to look at because I felt I was eating so healthy and I just couldn't do any MORE tweaking and continue to live life. I had cut out a lot of processed food, eating out was a rare event, bring my lunch EVERYDAY. What more could do! I started tracking calories and nutrition and found that I wasn't eating too much calories.. so I was stumped. I went to a certified trainer/nutritionist and had an honest look at my eating. I needed to switch up what I was eating(I was a very habitual breakfast/snack person --eating the same thing daily), eat a little less carbs and more protein rich snacks and sides and also really start watching sodium intake. 3 weeks in and 6 lbs down...

    What you are trying might actually work for you... but if you find yourself in 3 weeks, not back in weigh loss mode, you might consider really taking a closer look at the food from a nutrition standpoint. Worked for me!

    Whatever you do, don't give up. You have it in you and you can reach your goal!

    Marla K.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Sometimes all you need is a little change to get things moving again!!!! Keep up your hard work :)

    Jen
    http://jensdaily.wordpress.com/

    ReplyDelete
  13. Your foods always look SOOO yummy!! It def makes reading your blog one of the highlights of my day.

    Good job with the carbs!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. It's great that you realize when you need to control what your eating. Congrats and you can do it girl. By the way, the milk has a lot of carbs, I would try the Almond Breeze and it has a lot less.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...