SOCIAL MEDIA

Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Hungry Hungry Hungry!

For breakfast this morning I had a Thomas Cinnamon Raisin Bagel thin topped with whipped honey nut cream cheese, a cup of strawberries, and 1% milk for 7 points.

3811 001

I contemplated going back to bed after hubby left, but I wasn’t tired- so I decided to make use of my time. I jumped on the treadmill and walked .25, ran 1.5 miles, and walked .25 for a total of 2 miles in about 30 minutes. I burned 334 calories. That’s a good way to start the day!

Before heading to school, I whipped up my usual green smoothie (2 oranges, 1 cup spinach) for 1 point.

3811 002

School was awkward and uncomfortable. No one read the book for the class because it was absolutely terrible and incredibly difficult to understand. I read 200 pages and couldn’t tell you what it was about. This happened to be the professor’s favorite book- so he wasn’t happy. And we got partners for our projects, except we really didn’t choose our partners and now I am working with some guy across the room I’ve never spoken to. Let’s just hope he is organized and does his part!

After class, I ate my lunch in the car. I brought a sandwich from home, light bread, ham, and a Laughing Cow Cheese Wedge. I wanted Subway so badly but decided I should eat what I brought. But I was STARVING and feeling headachy and tired, so I ran in a store and got some Sun Chips and a Diet Pepsi to go with my sandwich. This was 8 points.

3811 003

3811 007

I also had 2 clementines for 0 points.

3811 005

And strawberries with light vanilla yogurt for 1 point.

3811 004

I saw this sign while I was eating my lunch- a good reminder!

3811 006

I ran into Kohl’s because I had a coupon. I got these two adorable coffee mugs for $1! Nice!

3811 013

Another good deal of the day, I picked up 3 Papa Murphy’s Large Pepperoni De Lite pizzas for $2, thanks to the gift card that I won! I will freeze two of them, I’ve done it before and they turn out just fine when cooked!

3811 009

And then it was grocery time, as usual for Tuesdays! I grabbed a Reese’s Peanut Butter Egg for a little sweet treat. I love these things and they are SO worth the points every once in a while. 5 Points.

3811 008

Ok, but I did feel a little guilty for eating it- that has got to stop! I don’t like attaching emotions to foods. I enjoyed it. I didn’t eat it because I really wanted a hug or anything like that. End of story. Treats are ok sometimes.

I was excited to see my Gevalia order in the mailbox when I got home!

3811 010

I was wondering why it was so expensive and when I looked at the invoice I about flipped. I bought a box of $26 coffee!??! No way! I didn’t see the pricing when I got the order together and NEVER would have bought it had I known. That’s ridiculous! It must have little flecks of gold in it or something. It’s a Jamaican blend and I’m really not sure what’s so special about it.

3811 012

WHATTTTT? Surprised smile I’m so disappointed that I didn’t catch that when I ordered it!

3811 011

So I had to try out the White Tea with peach. It was pretty good!

3811 016

I also snacked on a banana for 0 points.

3811 015

I was so hungry all day today. I just couldn’t seem to satisfy the hunger. I mean literally, stomach growling hunger. One of the reasons I stopped and picked up the Sun Chips and Diet Pepsi is because I felt like I was “on a diet.” You know, the unbearable hunger, the weak feeling, the “if I don’t eat something other than a fruit or veggie I am going to eat everything in sight” feelings. So that helped a bit, but I had to keep myself busy all afternoon so I didn’t go in the kitchen and eat!

Hubby was home at a good time again tonight- Yay! I had baked salmon which I marinated in this lovely marinade:

3811 014

The English major in me was drawn to the Ernest Hemingway brand. Winking smileAnd believe me, it was divine- just as good as his books.

I had the salmon, leftover veggies, and 1/2 slice of Cinnamon Raisin bread for 5 points.

3811 018

I also had a side salad with lettuce, tomato, avocado, carrots and light ranch for 3 points.

3811 017

For dessert, I had FF/SF Chocolate pudding topped with a bit of Cool Whip for 2 points.

3811 019

And I still have that hungry feeling- not sure why! But I think it will help that I got a good source of protein in for supper tonight.

I have 1 point left for the day- so right on track! Smile

Tomorrow is WI day!! I’m excited and nervous at the same time. I WOULD LOVE to meet my 80 lbs. goal- but I’m not so sure that will happen. I’ll get there eventually though- you can count on it!


If anyone is interested in joining a new website called Lollihop.com, I have a team set up and if you’d like to join- just let me know and leave your email address in the comments or email me directly and I will send you an invite. They are still adding to this site, so I’m not completely sure what it will become, but check it out! It’s sort of like a Facebook for Health and Fitness. You can check out my profile here. We could create a challenge, or just use it as a way to keep each other accountable and see how it goes!

16 comments :

  1. Oh,, I hate when I spend more on something than I would want to without even realizing it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Jamaican blue is really pricey coffee. It is fairly rare and most times you don't get straight JB, but a blend with some in it. Not ever worth it to purchase unless you get it direct.

    I lurve peanut butter eggs! I rarely have them because just one is really hard for me. It's that peanut butter chocolate combo.

    You might want to practice scheduling in these foods that you have guilt about. The more you allow yourself to have them moderately, the better you will feel about them. It takes time for the guilt to go away, but you can conquer it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good luck at your weigh in!! Those teas look good!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ugh, I hate those hungry days! Sometimes nothing satisfies!

    Good luck tomorrow! Sending you happy scale vibes!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Something a cold diet pepsi just makes you feel better, right? :) Your food looked really good. Yogurt and fruit is awesome. :)

    Thos coffee mugs are adorable, and great price!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I LOVE Papa Murphy's!! We unfortunately don't have one here...I've been meaning to ask you...do you make your smoothie is a juicer or a blender?? Do you add ice? I can't wait to try it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Those eggs are my fave! I am happy they are only available for a short time =)

    My hubby and I bought the Blue Mountain Coffee when we were in Jamaica for our honeymoon and he LOVED it! I hope yours is good!

    ReplyDelete
  8. The hunger is from sugar!! avoid most sugars and you won't be hungry after a couple of days. Instead of items with sugar go with proteins, fat free cottage cheese is great!

    ReplyDelete
  9. You did pretty darn amazing with the hungry eats. All your food looks delish. I need to come eat your your house. haha.

    xo

    best of luck at your weigh in!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I have just found the Thomas Cinnamon Raisin Bagels and would love a good cream cheese, where and what brand of "honey nut cream cheese" do you use? Yestday was a hungry day for a bunch of us it seems! Hope you hit the big 80 soon!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Good luck at weigh in!!!! Fingers crossed for you.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I would love to join! Ccalleman@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. You had some really interesting eats! That marinade sounds yum.

    OK, I'm curious. What was the name of the book?

    ReplyDelete
  14. Good luck with your weigh in!

    Oh, and I would love an invite to that site :) My email is jenslosinit@yahoo.com

    Jen
    http://www.jenslosinit.com/

    ReplyDelete
  15. yummy food. I think I may try to copy one of your days food-wise, looks fresh, healthy and filling.
    I'm interested in the lollihop too.
    dietchiconamission@gmail.com, send me an invite when you get the chance.
    Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Alissa,

    I don't mean to offend, but you are doing this all wrong. A diet consisting primarily of carbohydrates such as yours is pretty much designed to slow your weight loss as much as possible.

    Keeping track of your diet via a point system is great and it works to a certain extent, but the honest truth is diet composition is just as important if not more so than calorie restriction when it comes to losing fat. If you were to eat the equivalent number of calories found in this diet in proteins, vegetables, and fats, I guarantee you would be losing the weight much quicker.

    -Concerned reader

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...