SOCIAL MEDIA

Wednesday, June 8, 2011

WW Meetings: To Go or Not to Go- That is the Question

Weigh in day—oh how I have come to dread you. This morning I weighed in at 208.8. That’s a .4 gain for the week. And frankly, I’m tried of this. I’m contemplating starting to go to WW meetings. I’m not sure if it would be for me or not. I’m also wondering if I could get more motivation and help at the meetings. I’ve never been to a WW meeting in my life. But being that I’ve been hovering around the same weight since March, I think it might be time to reach out for help. I would love your feedback on this. Do you go to meetings? Do you benefit from it? Any tips if I do decide to attend? I have about a week to think this over before the next meeting.

Here’s what’s going through my head. I hate starting something and then quitting. Quitting is not in my nature. I’m afraid I will go to the meetings and then quit and feel as lost and helpless as I do now. I also hate feeling accountable to other people in my weight loss. I don’t want to go through the same thing at the meetings that I’m going through now and have to feel like a failure in front of whoever weighs me in and not only feel like I’m failing myself but that I’m failing my leader and everyone else. Often times, I feel like I’m failing those who are trying to root me on. I know this should only be about me. I don’t like feeling like I’m failing. I think I’m just scared and afraid of judgment. But who can blame me, right?

I decided to try to get some more protein in my diet again. I’ve been slacking in that again. So for breakfast, I had a bagel thin egg beater sandwich with a bowl of strawberries and blueberries for 7 points.

6811 001

The thought of coffee was still making me sick today, so I went with tea again for 0 points.

6811 002

On my first break, I tried a new (to me) flavor of Chobani Greek- mango- and it was DELISH! 4 points.

6811 003

I have recently made the switch to Greek yogurt for the majority of the yogurt that I eat. If I’m making a smoothie, I will use the cheaper and lower point yogurt. Hubby went grocery shopping with me this weekend and he wasn’t thrilled at the price of the Greek yogurt. lol Confused smileBut he got over it and he eats it more than I do anyway. But I like to see 13g of protein on the container! I also no longer buy sour cream—but buy a big tub of 0% Fage Greek plain. It’s richer than low fat sour cream and is great for making sauces or salad dressing!

For lunch, I had coconut shrimp (I get mine at Aldi’s) and a side salad made with lettuce from our garden, tomatoes, Feta and light Italian dressing for 6 points.

6811 004

I have a new found love for shrimp—especially coconut shrimp!

I also had a No Pudge! brownie for 3 points.

6811 005

And I decided to get rid of the Nutella in the house once and for all. There was about 1 Tbs. left in the jar. 3 points.

6811 006

Did I need it? Probably not. It won’t be coming in the house anymore. I felt a lot better about this:

6811 007

This is the only food that I cannot control myself with. Very strange.

For supper, hubby brought me home a turkey and ham sub. I also had baked BBQ Lay’s for a total of 13 points.

6811 008

And then I had 2 Dark Chocolate mini ice cream bars for 3 points.

6811 009

To be honest, I should have done without the Baked Lay’s and one of the ice cream bars. I need to start thinking more about what I’m eating and ask myself if I really want/need it. You’d think this would be much easier!

I used 6 weekly points today. I can do better. I know I can.

I had to share my beautiful roses. They are finally blooming! So pretty.

6811 010

18 comments :

  1. I am not on WW, but I used to be. I used to go to the meetings and I found them to be encouraging. Now I go to a weekly Nutrition group and again, it is very encouraging. I feel like the meeting gives me a jumpstart for the rest of the week. I love hearing everyone's stories and how much they have lost etc. It keeps me motivated and inspired. I think some kind of group meeting like WW or Nutrition groups are essential in losing and keeping off weight. Good luck on whatever you decide.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Are u doing points or points plus?? I just started with points plus do it's kin of new to me, still teaching myself.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love my meetings. You gain so much from them. And you get so many different ideas. And great support.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I joined ww in April and I really love the meetings. I honestly need the accountability every week though. The people that weigh you in are super encouraging. If you have specific questions, the leader is usually more than happy to address any questions that you may have. I really like the meetings for several reasons...1.You get to hear cool tips on different new foods, websites, etc. 2. The support is great..it may seem cheesy to get a sticker when you lose 5lbs, but its really cool to see them accumulate, etc. 3. The accountability for me is a must..Knowing that I have to go weigh in makes me push a little harder.

    If you do decide, try a few different meetings if possible, so you can decide which one you like best. I've been to two different ones and I definitely prefer one over the other. Every leader has a different style. Good luck! :) You can do this!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The food looks delicious! I've never done WW but I think the support and staying accountable is probably great in the grand scheme of things.

    Nutella is something that I need to be careful around :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I only do ww online it has worked for me but you have to be super disciplined. I think its a good idea to ask yourself if you need the food before you eat it like you mentioned. Food is fuel and nothing more so certain foods won't fuel you like others will. I also would recommend do a week where you don't use any weeklies and see how that goes. I've noticed when I stick to that I see a better loss on the scale. Have you thought of strength training at all? May help to build some muscle too and burns fat faster.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I cannot urge you enough to go the meetings. I go almost every week and I get so much out of it! These peole are going through the same ups and down as we are and they are an amazing support. I have made friends with some of the ladies there and I know they will miss me if I am not there, which is another incentive to go. I have been stuck at a plateau now for 6 months or more, so I understand your feeling. However, you just need to try something different to get going again. You can do this. Look how far you have already come. You are an inspiration.
    Melissa

    ReplyDelete
  8. When I did WW, I went to meeting and switched to online. I found the meetings didn't do much for me. I know others get a lot out of them.

    When you have a lot of weight to lose, most people do have a plateau period. Sometimes it is a matter of waiting it out. Sometimes food "creep" has set in and you don't realize it. Taking some time and really writing down what you are eating and categorize it into something like processed and nonprocessed foods might help you refocus.

    And no one is judging you. Or they shouldn't be at any rate. We all go through the same things.

    ReplyDelete
  9. You are not failing in my eyes ;) I am proud of you and I will keep saying it until you realize its true. - Angie

    ReplyDelete
  10. I think the meeting are a great idea - even if you only use them for a couple of months to help get past this point! It is amazing all the support and ideas you can get there!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I go to the meetings every other week. They do help out, and its nice to have other people around you that are going through the same thing

    ReplyDelete
  12. I go to meetings, and do find it helpful. I like the accountability of weighing in every week. Sometimes the topics are kind of silly, but it's always nice to see that other people have the same struggles. Plus, I'm a sucker for the 'bravo' stickers.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Have you considered switching from counting points to counting calories? My husband lost a significant amount of weigh on WW, but he stalled out and couldn't get past it. He started counting calories using livestrong website (it's free) and it got him through it and he was able to meet his goal.
    Just a thought...

    ReplyDelete
  14. I hate to be a Debbie Downer, but I found the WW meetings to be SUCH a waste of time! They were usually dominated by one member who talked about herself the entire time (I've found this to be the case in many different meetings). The leaders don't really tell you anything you don't already know. And I wasn't any more successful with meetings. In fact, when I QUIT going to meetings is when I finally lost 125 pounds.

    You're doing great on your own, and you'd basically be paying them a good chunk of money just to stand on their scale once a week. Blogging can give you just as much accountability.

    Have you ever tried the old WW program? I lost weight very easily on that program, and when I tried out the PointsPlus, I actually gained weight. Just a thought!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Are you having a lot of water intake? That helps more than we realize as we are going through our day. Support is good no matter where you find it, so if you feel like WW would add that plus another level of accountability it might be right for you. Do you have a network of friends like coworkers to start a challenge with? Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I had short-term success with the online program. I personally need the accountability and encouragment of the meetings. It was easy for me to hide behind the "online" portion of WW -- meaning I didn't track every BLT as I should have. Now, if I have a problem and go to my WW leader - she can look at my journal and see where I may be going wrong. At the same time, if I'm not logging every BLT as I should -- she's going to know the journal isn't up to snuff. I truly believe you can't honestly work the plan without success. Sure, you may hit a plateau - but a loss will eventually come. Hope that makes sense.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love my weekly meeting. My group is small, so we all get to know each other and encourage each other. The accountability of the scale is great too. And your leader will have lost weight on the program him/herself, so will know exactly what you are going through. They won't judge at all, you're very kind and nurturing. May be worth giving it a try and seeing how you like it! Let us know!!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I feel ya on the Nutella dude! Stuff is evil!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...