SOCIAL MEDIA

Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Two Workout Tuesday

Happy “First Day of Summer”!

Last night, we ended up just relaxing. I really was beat. My body was telling me it was tired, so I listened. And I felt a lot better when I woke up this morning.

I think that working out more makes me crave protein. I don’t usually want to eat eggs in the morning, but that seems to be all I want to eat lately—no matter what time it is. Weird? So I had an Everything Bagel thin with a little whipped cream cheese and egg white beaters along with 1/2 cup fresh strawberries for 6 points, despite the fact that I had an omelet last night for supper. Smile

62111 001

Delicious! I love the flavor of the Everything bagels. Yummy!

I did the 30 Day Shred Day 12 first thing. I burned 187 calories today. I felt a lot better today but didn’t burn that many more calories than yesterday! But still a great workout. My shoulders are sore from Level 2.

My sister is the one who challenged me to 30 Days of the Shred and she is doing it along with me and seeing great results. Yesterday, she overheard her 4 1/2 year old daughter playing and she said, “All you need is some weights and a mat. That’s enough talk. Let’s get started.” lol. Too cute!! Smile

I was hungry again after the workout, so I ate a banana for 0 points.

62111 003

I sipped on an iced latte all morning for 1 point.

62111 002

I am LOVING iced coffee and iced lattes lately. SOOOOO good and so refreshing! I am dying to try out the Starbucks coconut flavor- I still haven’t made it there yet!

For my first break, I had dry roasted (in sea salt) peanuts for 4 points.

62111 005

I also had a peach for 0 points.

62111 006

For lunch, I had a salad with lettuce, spinach, tomato, chicken, Fage 0%, Taco cheese, 3 tortilla chips and salsa for 4 points.

62111 007

I finished it up with a square of dark chocolate for 2 points.

62111 008

On my last break, I prepared for a run by drinking 1/2 of a Gatorade Grape G2- 0 points.

62111 009

I saved the other half for hubby. I have noticed a huge difference in endurance when I drink one of these about an hour before I run. I definitely need to get more of these packets because this was the last one!

After work, I snacked on baby carrots for 0 points.

62111 010

When hubby got home, we went for a run. We ran out on a rock trail. I don’t know if it’s harder to run on a rock trail or if I was just super tired tonight, but I was very slow! I ran 2 miles in 27:54. Of course we walked to the trail and back and the total workout time was 48:20. I burned 403 calories. It’s something! That’s 590 calories for the day—not too shabby!

For supper, I had grilled chicken, squash, and FF cottage cheese for 4 points. I also had a glass of water with 1/2 a lemon squeezed in and the other half sliced and put in the water—so, so refreshing! A very low point supper! I LOOOOOVE that squash is free—I don’t eat it enough! I’m always amazed at how much cottage cheese 1/2 cup is. I measure it out with a measuring cup and it looks like so much when I put it on my plate.

62111 011

I didn’t use very many points today for some reason. Usually, I have the opposite problem, so I’m not complaining. So I had a Caramel Pecan Sundae with vanilla ice cream for 8 points.

62111 012

And let me tell you, that made me feel so satisfied. I wasn’t left wanting more and I enjoyed every bite.

And I still have 4 points left…amazingly!

Tomorrow is my official weigh in day. Fingers crossed for a good weigh in!! I have definitely put a lot of effort into working out, but like I mentioned yesterday, I did use too many weekly points due to my own lack of preparation. The scale was good to me this morning, I’m just hoping my body doesn’t decide to pack on water weight or something. But the scale isn’t the only tool to measure my success…I know, I know… Smile

I want to share a new website with you called Fit Approach. Jamie, one of the bloggers for the site, contacted me and wanted me to check it out. I LOVE their philosophy that’s on their page, “We believe that kicking ass is best done in pretty shoes. We’ve learned that real women sweat, and sweat hard. We know that assertiveness, strength, and ambition are the ultimate feminine qualities. We concede that sometimes it takes hours to get ready, but we’re also no strangers to just rolling out of bed and going. We’re convinced that we run faster in pink shoelaces. We believe in pushing ourselves, and we believe in giving ourselves a break, too. We’re all about the rush of endorphins and the thrill of the challenge. We’re all for looking great and feeling even better. We’re committed to finding our best fit, and making it stick. How do we get there? We climb. We journey. We balance. We reward.”

Love it! Be sure to check it out!

8 comments :

  1. I love everything about your post. I love your pics and all. But that piece of chicken... It was such a small piece that I had to enlarge the picture. LOL... Love it. Wish I could stop at a little piece like that but I like a lot of chicken. :) My weigh in is also tomorrow. Good luck on yours. Let us know how it goes. I'm sure it will be a good one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such great looking food! That run over the rocks sounds really hard! Great calorie burn!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are doing great! I am inspired by your exercising daily.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your dedication is amazing - seems like you are making such amazing progress! Thanks so much for the shout out. We really appreciate it and look forward to collaborating with you! GO FITNESS! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. AWESOME JOB :)

    how are you calculating your calories burned during those DVD's? I'm curious because as I log it on my fitness pal, it never has exact calorie burn for her workouts!

    GREAT JOB!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your story is so inspiring! I'm really enjoying getting to know you and your health journey. Keep up the good work–and keep taking those gorgeous food photos :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Good luck at WI!!! You'll do just fine!

    ReplyDelete
  8. girly you are doing amazing what an inspiration you are. Your food looks absolutely delish and healthy too.

    xo

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...