SOCIAL MEDIA

Thursday, June 23, 2011

Motivated by the WW Meetings

I drink a ton of water. At least 9 cups of water a day and most days a lot more than that. Yesterday, I think I drank 15 cups of water. I just feel better when I do. But what’s strange is that every morning I wake up parched. SOOO thirsty and I just can’t wait to start drinking water. I usually drink 6 cups of water by about 7 AM. Is anyone else this way?

For breakfast, I tried something different. I started with this:

62311 001

62311 002

And mixed it all up:

62311 003

That’s one container of Oikos Greek blueberry yogurt with 1/2 cup of each of strawberries and blackberries along with 1/4 cup Muesli for 5 points.

I completed Day 14 of the 30 Day Shred and burned 189 calories. Let me tell you, I HATE the plank pose- it’s so hard! I guess that’s something to work on.

I sipped on Duchess Grey tea all morning for 0 points.

62311 004

I was hungry around 8:00, so I snacked on some baby carrots for 0 points.

62311 005

And I was hungry on my break too. I had my usual light bread with an egg for 3 points.

62311 006

And still felt hungry, so I ate a slice of Swiss cheese for 2 points.

62311 007

For lunch, I had a salad with mostly spinach, tomatoes, chicken, salsa, cottage cheese, cheese, and 3 tortilla chips for 5 points.

62311 009

Anything with salsa is always satisfying and delicious!

I finished it up with a FF/SF vanilla pudding for 2 points.

62311 010

After work, I headed to my new Weight Watchers meeting for my second weigh in, the first weigh in to register a loss or a gain. I knew I would lose something because I weighed less today than I did last week, but this weighing at night thing throws me for a loop because it’s so inconsistent depending on what you’re eating. But everything turned out alright and I lost 1.8 lbs. from last week’s weight! So that’s the right direction! It’s motivating for me knowing that I am going to be weighing in front of someone that I don’t know—I want that scale to show a loss!

This was a new meeting for me again and a lot bigger than my first meeting. This one had probably 25 or more people. It was in this tiny little room and there weren’t enough chairs. I felt like I didn’t know where I was going or what I was doing. They didn’t send my file over to the new location. I have no idea what the file is for, but they seem to think I need it. The leader from my first meeting was there and didn’t seem to remember me, but said she would get the file thing taken care of. We’ll see next week! And wouldn’t you believe it, next week is the last meeting at the current location. But thankfully, it’s just moving to another part of the same town, so I can still go. Smile

I find the meeting very motivating and helpful. They talked about hunger today. Very useful information and I will keep it in mind this coming week. I love being around people with similar problems to mine. I’m not the only one who goes to the fridge when I’m bored? I never knew it! And it makes me feel more normal. There was one man who made lifetime (meeting goal and maintaining for 6 weeks). He had lost 30 lbs. and kept it off. I can’t wait until that’s ME!! (mostly because I won’t have to pay for the meetings anymore…jk Winking smile)

After the meeting, I headed home and hubby had supper ready for us. I had one grilled Schwan’s Polish Sausage, corn on the cob and 1/2 cup of Pork and beans for 12 points.

62311 011

I don’t usually eat the full calorie versions of hot dogs or bratwursts, etc. But if I eat just one, without a bun, I can afford the points every once in a while. And this was DELISH!

And then I had a caramel pecan sundae again. I won’t be eating one of these for a while again, because they’re a little high in points for a regular basis. But I felt a little more relaxed after weighing in. Anyone else feel like that right after weighing in? And then come a couple of days before weigh in, you really tighten things up? SmileIt seems to work for me!

62311 012

Eating ice cream in a small bowl has been a change hubby and I made when I started to make healthy changes. Now, it’s a must. Gone are the days of using a cereal bowl for ice cream. It’s too easy to just pile it in the bowl and eat too much. We also weigh our ice cream on the digital scale to make sure we’re not over estimating serving sizes. Tonight, all of our little bowls were dirty so I used our little coffee cups—worked out perfectly!

I used 4 weekly points today.

Tonight, I’m going to relax with hubby. No second workout. I do plan on working hard this weekend though! That’s what I did last weekend and it really paid off. Weekends are perfect for getting more activity—it’s easier to make the time!

9 comments :

  1. I do the same as you eating icecream in a small bowl. I eat mine out of a ramakin!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I also drink a ton of water--the very first thing I do when I wake up is drink 4 cups of water, and then I probably drink about 3 more quarts throughout the day. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's so great that you are drinking that much water! So good for you to flush out your system, keep you hydrated and ALSO keep your skin glowing. Sometimes I don't drink enough. Need to work on that.

    For your planks, great that you're doing them. Once they start getting easier, I would suggest you try bringing your knees to elbows one at a time while in plank position. It will really help increase your benefits of your workout.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations on the weight loss! When I did WW, I always liked the morning meetings - just because of what you described.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I wish... I have to force down the water!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm still considering giving WW another go, it will have to wait until my next pay packet though with a list of other things to do. I'm sure the hubby wouldnt mind me having an hour or two to myself on a tuesday evening. It's a 30 minute walk to where it is so since I am not driving yet, every little helps. It would be nice to stay for the meetings too as I do believe they give good structure and the tips and suggestions work far better than just reading them up online.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great job on your loss! That salad looks delicious.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I found your blog through a comment you left on Marisa's blog.

    That sundae looks delicious!

    I lost close to 50 pounds on WW and at that time I found a lot of value in the WW meetings.

    Keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I eat my ice cream out of those 1/2 cup clear pyrex glass dishes. I can fill it up, eat it all and there is no overindulging. Congrats on your 1.8 loss.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...