SOCIAL MEDIA

Monday, June 27, 2011

I Have a WW Buddy

How was your weekend? Hopefully a good one! I woke up with sore muscles that I didn’t even know I had in my chest. Must have been from the swimming!

For breakfast this morning, I had cheerios with milk and a sliced banana for 4 points.

62711 001

I completed Day 18 of the 30 Day Shred first thing this morning. I was tired today, probably from the workouts over the weekend. But I burned 178 calories and that counts for something.

I was hungry about work time, so I made my iced latte and also snacked on some almonds for 6 points.

62711 002

That turned out to be a great choice because it satisfied me and I wasn’t super hungry on my break. I ate a nectarine for 0 points.

62711 004

I picked up a big bag of these at Sam’s Club and WOW- they are SO juicy and sweet. Absolutely perfect. They can be so hit or miss sometimes and these are definitely a hit!

For lunch, I had a salad with lettuce, spinach, tomatoes, green onions, mushrooms, feta, sunflower seeds, Schwan’s Oven Roasted Chicken bites, BBQ sauce and FF Ranch for 5 points.

62711 005

This salad was so flavorful and DELICIOUS!

And for dessert, I had a No Pudge! brownie for 3 points.

62711 006

This morning I thought I would be taking today as a rest day because I was so worn out. But sitting all day working helps me rest, I guess, because by the time I got off of work I felt energized and ready to go outside for some activity! I decided to go for a bike ride today. I biked around town for 30 minutes and completed 5 miles. I burned 209 calories, which I am pretty happy about! Anytime I get over 200 calories burned, that makes me happy. Smile

image

It was a beautiful day and biking is really a great way to enjoy a beautiful day.

For supper, I tried a new recipe I saw on Marisa’s blog—that she actually got from Nutmeg Notebook. Cheesy Quinoa Burgers. I topped them with a slice of Swiss cheese on sandwich thins. I also had light cottage cheese and broccoli for a total of 10 points.

62711 007

These were very good. I would eat them as a burger or just plain—LOVED the flavor and so did Hubby! But I had a hard time keeping them from falling apart when I was making them!

For dessert, I had Schwan’s vanilla ice cream topped with fresh strawberries for 4 points.

62711 008

Yummmm!

Hubby wanted to take action and lose some weight again. He lost over 40 lbs. a couple of years ago by counting points. Basically, I plan his meals and count his points for him. But it worked out really well and he felt so great. He has since gained about 15 lbs. back, mostly due to being on the road for so long and eating out every night, a while back. So today I started counting points for him again! I’m sure he’ll lose the weight in NO time at all. But it always amuses me when someone that doesn’t usually have to watch what they eat has to diet. He drank a Gatorade today and was a little shocked to find out it was 8 points. But he is on the move all day long and very active—so I don’t think he needs to be super strict. But I did remind him that he still had his weekly points. hehe But I am 100% supportive of him because he is always so supportive of me! But I can’t help but giggle a little bit… Winking smileIt just makes him realize it’s tougher for me than it looks! But now we can be points counting WW buddies for a while.

After supper, I did a little bit of yard work. I love daisies but once they’re done blooming, they just look a mess. So pulled those up and it looks much better. We’ve got a whole list of things to accomplish around the house in the next couple of days to prepare for guests. If only I could get some time off of work! Looks like tomorrow’s second workout will be a power cleaning session!

We’re  both ready to take it easy for the rest of the night. After all, it IS Monday! I have 1 point left for the day. I may have a small snack of some kind before bed.

See you tomorrow!

11 comments :

  1. The food looks great. I am beginning my weight loss journey so I am looking for recipes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is awesome that you are both doing it together. It makes things a lot easier that way!

    ReplyDelete
  3. How fun, they have zero calorie gatorade now

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks like a great food day. The strawberries look so delicious.

    I would love to have my husband count calories with me or at least help plan. He is helpful in other ways, but we enable each other in bad ways. We need to find a way to be strong for ourselves and each other.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think it's so much easier to eat healthy when you are doing it with our spouse--good luck to him!

    ReplyDelete
  6. When people ask my husband how he lost 80 pounds, he always answers that it was "by default"--because of me :) I was cooking better and not buying all the junk I used to, so he didn't really have a choice. Men lose SO much more easily than women though. I used to get mad that he was losing faster than me and he wasn't even trying.

    ReplyDelete
  7. How fun that you and Hubby will count points together! Doesn't it frost your socks how men seem to drop lbs faster than us??? Ah well, all we can do is keep counting and moving forward. Have a great day Alissa!

    ReplyDelete
  8. How nice to do it together! I have the hardest time balancing out my desire for healthy meals with my husband's penchant for steak, butter, and cream (not that I don't LOVE those things ;) ). Having the same eating style would make meal planning a lot easier!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Dave has lost about 20 lbs. since he started eating the way I do. It really helps to have a "buddy"

    ReplyDelete
  10. Good luck to your hubbs! It's definitely fun getting healthy together :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hey! How do you make the salmon burgers? it sounds so good if you have time please email me the recipe! lroth1986@live.com, if you dont have time i completley understand!! :)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...