SOCIAL MEDIA

Saturday, August 25, 2012

Remembering my Grandpa

grandpa&Alissa

My grandpa passed away this morning. It is a blessing for him as he was ready to go but we are still saddened by the loss of such a special man.

He was faithful in all things. He was faithful to God. He was successful in business. He served his country as a Marine in WW II. He was a loving husband to my grandmother and a wonderful father to my mom and my aunts. To me, he was the best grandpa anyone could ever ask for.

He could always make you laugh and loved to joke around. I still remember taking this picture about 11 years ago. This is just the perfect picture of him being his silly self.

SillyGrandpa

The stories he told about his youth, especially in the past few years, were stories full of liveliness, feistiness, and wit. Grandpa was a fighter in everything he did. He never gave up. He was wise in every aspect of life.

Even yesterday, when I held his hand for the last time, he had a powerful grip. He still joked and laughed, even stuck his tongue out at my aunt when she told him he was cute!

I’m thankful for all of the memories in my heart. The little moments that, at the time, I didn’t value as much as I do now.

My grandpa was a good man. There aren’t many men quite like him in the world. I have a deep respect for the man that he was. He was the perfect example of how to live. I think everyone loved him and respected him. I am so proud to have had him as my grandpa. I am so thankful to have had him in my life. I am better because of it.

This picture was taken at my and hubby’s wedding. He was always the jokester, here he is with my brother in law.

.facebook_74099

And so I think of what kind of legacy I will leave behind one day. May it be even a short measure of what my Grandpa has left behind.

We love you. We will miss you.

Forever in our hearts.

16 comments :

  1. I'm very sorry for your loss here on this earth. It's wonderful that you have good, solid memories of the man he was.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry for your loss. It sounds like he was a wonderful man. Cherish those memories.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So so sorry for your loss. Cherish the sweet memories!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great tribute to your Grandpa. Hugs to you, Alissa.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a wonderful Grandpa!
    I'm so sorry for you loss, but happy that you have such wonderful memories.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a great tribute for your Grandpa. Sorry for your loss and I know you will miss him.

    ReplyDelete
  7. He sounds like a wonderful man. I am sure you will miss him a lot!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am so sorry for your loss. You are so blessed to have had such a special relationship with him

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sorry for your loss. Glad you have so many wonderful memories to cherish.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I am so sorry for your loss. It's so great that you have such fond memories of him.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I am so sorry to hear this. Love hearing about your memories - treasure them.

    ReplyDelete
  12. She is spending the time her grand pa because they are play enjoying precious moment them life and spend also. They are always happiness them life and healthy also and do more enjoy it.
    LÃ¥ne Penge

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hugs and condolences on the loss of your Grandpa Alissa. He sounds like an amazing man!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Great post. He truly was one in a million and we were so very blessed to call him grandpa. I wish every kid could feel as special as we did. :-)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...