SOCIAL MEDIA

Monday, January 24, 2011

Not My Best Day and Not My Worst

It’s Monday- ALREADY!

I went to bed early last night because I felt like I was coming down with something and I had a terrible headache. I woke up this morning and still had the headache. Thankfully, I had scheduled signing into work an hour later this morning because I was planning on using the time to workout. So instead of working out, I slept off the headache. Sad smile

For breakfast, I had a toasted sandwich thin topped with almond butter and a sliced banana along with 1 cup of 1% milk for 9 points.

12411 001

On my first break, I had 2 Cuties clementines for 0 points. Trying to get that Vitamin C!

12411 002

For lunch, I had tomato soup, 1/2 serving of Trader Joe’s version BBQ pop chips and 2 wraps with deli chicken and 2% cheese. I also added some crackers to my soup. I was definitely trying to eat for comfort- and I used 16 points on this- WOAH!

12411 003

And then I had a Ghirardelli caramel dark chocolate square for 3 points.

12411 004

I felt guilty after figuring out my points. It all tasted good but probably not worth the points. I should have just stopped at the one wrap as I had planned. Not to mention the sodium overload!

For my last break, I made some Duchess Grey tea for 0 points.

12411 005

Once work was over, I sat down in my comfy chair with a blanket and got caught up on blogs. Ever since I got the cold a couple of weeks ago I just haven’t been feeling 100%. I’m hoping that I can get over whatever it is that is causing me to not feel well! It’s annoying.

Hubby got off of work later than usual and I was starving! I was actually getting shaky- not sure what that was about! So while I waited for him to get home, I had 1/2 cup of fresh pineapple for 0 points.

12411 006

For supper, I knew I had to go light on points. So I decided on leftovers. I had a taco salad made up of lettuce, taco meat, salsa, tomatoes, guacamole, black beans, a little fat free sour cream, onions and a few crumbled tortilla chips for 4 points.

12411 008

For dessert, I whipped up some banana soft serve and paired that with a VitaBrownie for 3 points.

12411 009

Oh so delicious! And it put me right at my points target for the day! Whoohoo! Not my best day- but definitely not my worst.

And now it’s time to relax and call it an early night so I can get some sleep!

15 comments :

  1. MMMM! That taco dinner looks awesome! What a great light way to enjoy taco salad. This is going to be on my menu for next week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the looks of the almond butter with banana mixture. I could get into that in the morning!

    ReplyDelete
  3. DAMN! That vita brown looks so freakin good! I swore off ice cream and TOM is sneaking up. So while at the storethe other night I bout 86% ghirardelli chocolate. I like the dark chocolate. The darker the better! But this was the best I could find at walmart. But wow that brownie looks good and I usualy dont even eat brownies ( :..
    The pink bike I got for Christmas. I got my husband a blue one. If you go back to Christmas post there are better pics ( like it is a care or something) Hahaha...
    You said you are at your points target..So great job! WE can't always have picture perfect days with our fruits and veggies.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your food sure looks delish. Im definately making the taco salad soon

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really need to get across the line so I can pick up some of these yummy vita products - all we have are the muffins and limited flavors at that!

    Feel better soon, I hate when these things hang on!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Just picked up Duchess Grey tea last week at Trader Joe's per your posts. OMG, it's amazing. I'm a bit of tea snob and haven't really done bagged teas in years but it's soo good. I bought it for work thinking it would be a great way to get tea in, but I'm sipping at home now!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm sorry you're still feeling awful- I know a lot of people are struggling that that here because our weather keeps bouncing back and forth! You're doing the right thing though- eating right will definitely help you get over it faster!

    I had the same breakfast (except I used a ww english muffin) and it was awesome! I saw an ad today for the vitatop stuff, and have never seen them in stores before. I know you stop at walmart sometimes, do you know if they carry those?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sorry that you are still not feeling well...hopefully whatever it is that is making you feel icky will go away soon!!

    You and Conner would get along well....he asks for PB toast and banana for breakfast, lunch AND dinner :)

    Way to go on making up for lost points at lunch at dinner time and meeting your goal for the day. Hopefully you are not too hungry this morning I know I would be :)

    <3 Betta

    ReplyDelete
  9. Aw, I hope you're feeling better today.

    Your dinner salad and dessert look amazing!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Most days are like that.
    Not the best, not the worst, just regular old days.
    Every-day days.
    And that's good!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Nice pics of your food...it all looks amazing!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your breakfast looks exactly like my snacks. LOL
    Hope you're feeling better today, well rested.
    I'm thinking I'm hungry for a taco salad now. I'm putting that on this weeks meal plan!

    xoxo
    Roxie-Girl

    ReplyDelete
  13. Sorry to read you are feeling sick. Hope you start to feel 100% again soon!!!! Take care!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I hope you feel better soon! All of your eats look incredible :)

    Jen
    http://www.jenslosinit.com/

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...