SOCIAL MEDIA

Friday, January 14, 2011

The Day the Blender Died

Happy Friday!!

This morning for breakfast, I wanted something quick so I had cheerios with 1/2 cup of blueberries and 1/2 cup of 1% milk for 4 points.

11411 001

We used to eat cereal every morning, which meant we were buying 2-3 boxes a week. These days we rarely buy cereal. Hubby still eats it quite often- but I rarely eat it for breakfast anymore- and once in a while I eat plain Cheerios as a snack. It’s just not as filling as other options. But I do love a good bowl of cereal here and there!

For my first break, I attempted to make my green smoothie (1 cup spinach, 2 oranges). My blender has been getting really hot lately and smelled of burning rubber. Well today, it gave out right when I was almost done making my smoothie- I put the ice in last, so I had chunks of ice instead of a nice consistency. I think this is something that can be fixed- but no more smoothies for a while! Sad smile 1 Point for this one. You can see in the picture all of the black pieces of rubber everywhere!

11411 002

11411 004

I also had a PB and Bananas on light wheat toast for 4 points.

11411 003

For lunch, I tried to use up some leftovers. I had leftover chicken noodle soup with a grilled tuna sandwich using leftover tuna for 8 points. That tuna sandwich was AMAZING. I forgot how good those are! And of course I dipped it in ketchup. Winking smile

11411 005

For dessert, I had a light Banana Cream pie yogurt for 2 points.

11411 006

On my last break, I ate two clementines for 0 points.

11411 008

It’s always fun to get packages in the mail- Look what I got in the mail today from Lori!

11411 007

My favorite tea!! Thank you So much! That was really sweet of you! Smile

And if you haven’t checked out Lori’s blog- I highly recommend it. She is one of my healthy living idols! She is an amazing woman and is becoming quite the superstar! Smile

I had to have a cup of that- SOOOO good!

Today was a long day and I wasn’t in the mood for cooking. So I ordered Pizza Hut online and hubby picked it up. I figured my points before ordering.

While waiting for hubby to get home I just stayed out of the kitchen. I was SOOOO hungry and feeling a bit emotional after a hard day at work! I spent some time trying to get caught up on blogs. It’s been a busy, busy week so I’m sorry if I haven’t been around commenting as much. Sad smile

I had 2 slices of ham and pineapple on thin and crispy (only 1 pictured) along with 1 breadstick for 9 points. I LOVE their breadsticks and I wanted another one but I told myself if I ate my 2nd piece of pizza and still wanted it- I could have it. Well guess what? I was full! I have to say I was impressed with their thin and crispy pizza. It wasn’t oily at all and really not that high in points for pizza!

11411 009

I also had green beans, which I forgot to picture!

For dessert, I had SF Chocolate pudding for 2 points.

11411 010

That puts me at my points target for the day! Hubby and I plan on cuddling up and watching The Curious Case of Benjamin Button.

Exercise has been nonexistent since Saturday. I do not exercise when I am sick (I believe in letting the body rest)- so that accounts through Wednesday. I can make excuses for yesterday and today and say I have been so busy this week and I am exhausted- which I am. But they’re just excuses and there’s no end to excuses. It’s about planning ahead and scheduling workouts in. But I do plan on getting back on track with exercise this weekend! Just wanted to update you all on that in case you were wondering why there haven’t been any workouts… I’m ready to get exercise back into my routine!

Have a fabulous weekend!!

Don’t forget to check out and enter my 30 Day Shred giveaway!! It ends on Sunday!

16 comments :

  1. Sounds like you're doing great! And I want to work PB and Banannas back in to my menu!

    Do you have a good processor big enough to hold your smoothie ingredients? You can use that for smoothies. That's what I do since I don't have a blender :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have awarded you if you would like to stop by and pick it up!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's too bad about your blender! You'll get back at your workouts!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your title made me sad! Sorry to hear that, and I hope it can get fixed or you can get a new one. :)

    I'll now be following that blog you mentioned! It looks great.

    Feel better soon and have a good time exercising!

    ReplyDelete
  5. My blender totally died last night as well! Sadly I hadn't made my smoothie yet so the contents got dumped! Boo.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have only worked out one day this week and I do good at work with eating but get home and want to eat...I am gonna blame it on Aunt flo and get back on track next week!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Awww, poor blender and you. Way to hit your points level thought. Now, over to Lori's blog. Thanks for the recommendation.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Won't you please drop me and email as to how you do your green smoothies...I need to have more spinach for iron...and think if the points are so low I am going to give it a try as it looks very healthy indeed.
    I take iron pills at the moment for extra iron, but when they finished I want to take it in via food and have noticed you are one blogger who mentions spinach in their smoothie often...be honest now...DOES IT TASTE OKAY????????

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh my gosh what a bummer about the blender breaking :/. I haven't used mine in forever because the blade is so dull and I cant find new ones anywhere... so annoying! I never thought of tuna and soup combo.... I am definitely making that happen this week.

    xo

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great job on your progress and loss this week!

    Lori beat me to it I was going to go to Madison this week and get you some tea :) that was very sweet of her. You have some fabulous followers because you are fabulous!

    Too bad about the blender....that's really a bummer I hope that your handy hubby can get it fixed for you! <3 Betta

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm going to have to try a green monster with orange juice. There's so many different combinations that everyone use. I need to try them all :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh noooooo ... I'm so sorry about your blender. :(

    ReplyDelete
  13. Bummer that your blender died, lady!

    I always forget how delicious grilled sandwiches like yours are until I'm dipping them in ketchup. And then, it's just HEAVEN!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Sorry about the blender! Hope it fixes easily and cheaply (most important!).

    I am glad you got the tea. You don't want to ever see someone out of their favorite thing :D

    ReplyDelete
  15. I'm sorry about your blender- we just replaced ours before Christmas because it was slacking big time!! Hope he can get it fixed !

    ReplyDelete
  16. That is my fav kind of pizza well the toppings anyways..Here in arizona we have a Grocery store called Bashas and in side they have a brick oven and they make pizzas they are the best pizzas.Last weekend I splurged and we got one. I had 2 slices and still had a loss that week. So just goes to show. We can still have some of the things that we like in moderation. ( :

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...