SOCIAL MEDIA

Friday, January 28, 2011

Where My Veggies At?

I woke up this morning to a foggy Friday. I’ll take them any way they come! FINALLY FRIDAY!

Funny thing happened this morning. I weigh everyday- but I don’t count the weight until WI day. I like to know how my weight fluctuates from day to day. My weight has been steady at 214.4 for 3 days, which is the 3.6 lb gain from my lowest. I felt like yesterday wasn’t my healthiest day- I tracked my points, etc. though. But I got on the scale this morning and had lost 3 lbs! Crazy! But I find that happens often, if I’m not losing and then all of the sudden I eat a meal that I wouldn’t call the healthiest, I will lose weight. I was happy to see a lower number this morning, although it doesn’t officially count! Does this happen to anyone else?

For breakfast, I had a toasted sandwich thin topped with almond butter and a sliced banana along with 1 cup of 1% milk for 9 points.

112611 001

Why the sandwich thins so often? Well, since I forgot my list at home when I went grocery shopping on Tuesday- light bread was one of the things on the list that I forgot to pick up! Thankfully, we had a stash of sandwich thins in the freezer!

I wasn’t hungry on my first break so I didn’t eat anything.

For lunch, I had Chicken noodle soup and about 1 cup of squash for 3 points.

112611 003

I also had a Banana Nut VitaTop, that I topped with a little cool whip for 3 points.

112611 005

A very low point lunch, and I was very satisfied. The warm squash and soup felt good on my sore throat.

On my last break, I ate 1 cup of fresh pineapple for 0 points.

112611 006

I also made a cup of Duchess grey tea.

112611 007

And brought back a 100 calorie pack of Cocoa Roasted Almonds to snack on for 3 points.

112611 008

Hubby and I had planned on going to Subway for supper tonight- but since he was going to be a little bit later again, I decided I would just go pick it up and bring it home. Plus, I had to get some Nyquil to replenish my supply of the miracle drug. Winking smile

For supper, I had a 6” Turkey Sub with 1 serving of BBQ Pop Chips and Diet Cherry Pepsi for 10 points.

112611 009

I had quite a few points left over tonight, so I made a sundae of sorts out of 1 serving vanilla ice cream, 1/2 oz. honey roasted peanuts, a sliced banana and chocolate syrup for 7 points. YUMMMM!

112611 010

That puts me at using 1 weekly point for the day. I’m having a hard time eating veggies since I’m not feeling well. For example, I planned on having a salad with my soup at lunchtime but the thought of eating lettuce wasn’t appetizing at all. I’m getting my servings of fruit in for sure though- I know that I’ll be back to normal eating wise when I’m feeling better again- but it’s so hard to eat veggies when I’m sick!

Tonight, hubby and I plan on watching Mo’ Better Blues. It’s a homework assignment for one of my classes. I hope it’s good!

Have a great weekend!

13 comments :

  1. That squash looks really good for some reason. :) Hope you feel better!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Im such a sammy person, I may have to go to subway and pick up dinner!! I too am on the nyuil. Feel better

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hope you feel better soon. When I am sick, I love carby things like oatmeal and puddings. I so rarely get sick, though (knock on wood).

    The scale is a weird thing, that's for sure. It just is never quite in synch with how you eat.

    ReplyDelete
  4. At least you are eating good foods while you are sick.. I usually use it as an excuse to eat crap.. plus, Sunkist Orange soda always makes my throat feel better (light stuff just doesn't work)..

    Hope you feel better soon! You are doing great!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I know the feeling with veggies - I LOVE fruit but since my pregnancy I have been struggling with the veggies.

    That is the same way my weight can be!

    I hope you feel better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lettuce is one of the foods that upsets my stomach if I'm the slightest bit uneasy.. wonder why that is? Looks like you had a great friday!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love reading your blog - you do such a great job with it. Keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete
  8. You poor thing, this has been one nasty illness!! Hang in there, I'm sure you'll be back to yourself soon. Take care!!!! (and yay for the unofficial 3 lbs down! :))

    ReplyDelete
  9. I know how you feel. When I'm sick the last thing I want are veggies.
    Feel better!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I have recently started my weight loss journey and see other bloggers talk about sandwich thins all the time. I will have to look for them next time I go shopping. Hope you feel better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your lunch looks delicious. And now I'm gonna have to try your dessert with the ice cream and bananas. :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. I do the same as you - weigh myself every day, but only 'count' my official weigh in. It's funny to see how my weight fluctuates - it's weird, and I can't figure out any rhyme or reason to it!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Loquat is for cough and lung in Chinese medicine. Sometimes i would take the Ninjiom Pei Pa Koa which is an extract of loquat when got sore throat.

    You can access info online @
    en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nin_Jiom_Pei_Pa_Koa
    ninjiom.50webs.com

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...