SOCIAL MEDIA

Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Weigh In Day: What a Month! (and coupon winner)

This morning I weighed in at 215.6, a .8 gain from last week. Like I said yesterday, I’m not letting that get me down- I’m just moving forward. December was not a good month for me- I gained 2.2 lbs- I’m supposed to be LOSING weight! But gaining weight over the month NEVER happens- so I’m not going to worry about it. With a rocky start on the new WW plan and a weekend of bad eating- it’s understandable. I just need to keep FOCUSED and I will lose weight this month.

For breakfast this morning, I had 2 slices of light whole wheat toast topped with peanut butter and a sliced banana along with 1 cup of 1% milk for 8 points.

1511 001

Wednesdays are my rest days, but I decided I would try to fit in a little activity. I got on the bike when I could and totaled 30 minutes, it wasn’t all at once so the calorie burn wasn’t as high, but I did burn 111 calories and that’s better than nothing! Smile Now I can put another sticker on my calendar. hehe Winking smileI’m not sure how many miles I logged because my bike reset without me telling it to…

For my first break, I had Clementine Greek yogurt- I LOVE THIS STUFF! along with 1 clementine mixed in for 5 points.

1511 002

I was feeling hungry this morning, so I brought back a 100 calorie bag of Kettle Corn Smart pop to munch on for 3 points.

1511 003

I had kind of a weird lunch today. I started off craving oatmeal with cinnamon, but I knew I needed to get my veggies in. So I made 1/2 cup oatmeal with cinnamon and a little Splenda mixed in, 1/2 cup of egg beaters with a light Swiss Laughing Cow wedge mixed in, and a green smoothie. The green smoothie was made up of 1/3 cup FF vanilla yogurt, 1 cup of ice, 1 banana, 1 orange and 1 cup of fresh spinach. YUMMM! I forgot how good these are. If you add enough fruit, you can’t even taste the spinach but yet you get all of those benefits of it! Sweet! Smile This was a total of 5 points. Unbelievable!

1511 004

Call me crazy, but I was still kind of hungry! So I had a small Mission carb balance tortilla with a light Laughing cow blue cheese wedge spread on it along with 1 oz. deli chicken for 3 points. And then I felt just perfect.

1511 005

On my first break, I was craving something sweet- so I had 2 hugs and 2 kisses for 3 points. I realized I was tracking these wrong because if I put them in the WW tracker as 2 of each it comes out to 2 points.

1511 007

Ok, and then I had a couple bites of Lori’s granola and 5 whoppers (the candy- not the burgers) for 2 points. That was some mindless eating- and I didn’t get a picture of it- so obviously it was mindless and uncalled for- but I had a mad sugar craving for some reason! I guess it happens to all of us from time to time- at least I didn’t just keep going! I have found that when I am tired I crave sugar- so I bet that’s what it was. I should have just brewed a cup of coffee instead.

I brought back a cup of Vanilla Chai tea to sip on throughout the afternoon for 0 points.

1511 008

I don’t drink this flavor that often but it was really good!

For supper, I had a small side salad made of lettuce, tomato, avocado, a little FF sour cream and salsa for 2 points.

1511 009

I also had 2 slices of leftover Shrimp and Feta pizza for 9 points.

1511 011

For dessert, I had 1/2 cup of vanilla pudding for 4 points.

1511 012

That puts me at using 10 weekly points today- woah! I guess I was hungry today. I can always see areas that I could improve- but I’m not so rigid with my points right after weigh in and I usually do use some weekly points on Wednesdays, that’s what they’re there for! Smile But I don’t like using 10 weekly points in one day, so I will work on that for tomorrow! The 9 point slice of pizza was a little excessive and I probably won’t make that again because of it. Anyone have a good whole wheat pizza crust recipe that is low in points? I know I could use tortillas, etc- but I’m talking about a real pizza crust recipe- let me know if you have any light recipes!

The winner of the No Pudge! Brownie coupon is Sarah:

image

You do not have a profile, so I cannot contact you! Please email your mailing address to me at Bloggergirl23@aol.com. Since I have no way to contact you, please respond within 1 week or I will draw a new winner. You have until 5 PM CT on Wednesday January 12th. Smile I hope you’re a regular reader so you see this!! By the way, I do plan on sharing that fish taco recipe this weekend- so stay tuned for that! It will be part of my New Years Resolution to post 1 new recipe a week. Congrats, Sarah!

16 comments :

  1. The vanilla chai tea seach will commence soon!

    And even though you gained this month, remember the trouble you had with the new WW point system. Since it's become easier for you, you're guaranteed an easier weight loss time. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good for you for staying focused on your goal. Gains happen, and you move on. Vanilla Chai does sound yummy and I have to say you have me curious about the other tea you drink...Duchess? Is that it? I just love tea.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was so excited to see Sarah as the winner.. until I realized it wasn't me.. lmao.. then I was excited for another Sarah (just not as much, sorry)..

    Where in the world do you find Clementine Greek yogurt?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm going to have to try that smoothie. The bright green is appealing for some reason.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Pizza dough has a lot of calories even if it is low fat just because flour products are that way.

    I actually like using Josephs pitas for a crust because they are thicker and softer, more like a dough than any wraps or tortillas.

    I get so snacky when I am tired as well. And it is always for sweet stuff. Why cannot we crave veggies when we are tired??

    ReplyDelete
  6. Okay, everything looks great, but you totally lost me on the spinach smoothie. LOL! :) Sorry about that gain, but it's small, and you'll have it off in no time.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Seeing your vanilla pudding I definitely want to get some tomorrow.

    xo

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hungry days are hard! You did a great job of getting away from the sweets!

    ReplyDelete
  9. the Clementine Greek yogurt... do you add sweetner or any thing?? Cinnamon? anything.. I was going to try it today but....

    ReplyDelete
  10. I always say a bad week/month never hurts from time to time. It gives you more encouragement afterwards. Thats all we need sometimes as a new push forward. It's a new month and a new year after all. x

    ReplyDelete
  11. I want to try the green smoothie...sounds good!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your breakfast looks delicious. It's been so long since I've had peanut butter... once I open the jar I feel like I have to finish off the entire thing.
    ...peanut butter goes bad if you don't eat it right away, right? (;

    ReplyDelete
  13. Clementines are my favorite fruit right now!!! Love them :) I hope that you are having a great start to your new year!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I just found your blog. Losing weight IS hard but so worth it. I'm kinda nearing the end of my weightloss journey.... but I've been at the "end" for about 2 yrs now and sticking at the same weight after dropping 70lbs. Ugh!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I wouldn't worry about the gain, just move on and get back to it. Thanks for sharing the smoothie recipe, I may try that!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...