SOCIAL MEDIA

Wednesday, January 26, 2011

An Awful, No Good, Very bad Weigh In

I gained 3.6 lbs. this week. I followed the plan and stayed within my points. No explanation for the gain. But I’m going to try not to dwell on it and try to move forward knowing that the weight will come off eventually.

But that’s a BIG GAIN! Not only a BIG GAIN, but it puts me back about 3 weeks! I’m hoping it comes off quickly… Maybe I’ll have a big loss next week? *fingers crossed*

For some TMI, it was TOM even though I don’t have TOM on my BC pill- I’m sure my hormones do the same thing either way. Plus, I haven’t been feeling well. Am I making excuses? Not so much as I am acknowledging I may be doing the right thing, but my body may be having a tough week. Make sense?


For breakfast, I had my usual for 9 points.

12611 001

I didn’t feel like eating on my first break. It helps to eat breakfast a little later in the morning, which isn’t usually an option- but it was today. But I had a sore throat again, so I made some Duchess Grey tea for 0 points.

12611 002

For lunch, I had tuna w/ light mayo on a sandwich thin with tomato and greens for 5 points.

12611 003

I also had tomato soup and raw carrots for 3 points.

12611 005

For dessert, I had 1 cup fresh pineapple for 0 points.

12611 006

It felt like a healthy and satisfying lunch! I made a conscious decision not to eat baked chips today and go for the carrots- so yay me! Smile

I worked for a couple more hours and I was happy when they asked if I wanted to sign out early because my throat was really hurting and sore- and I have to talk all day for my job! So I took that opportunity! I made up one of my favorite smoothies- be on the lookout for a recipe soon! 3 Servings of fruit in this one! I bet you wonder what’s in it, huh? Winking smile 1 point.

12611 007

And it felt wonderful on my throat!

A while later, while doing homework, I snacked on 1 cup of Cheerios for 3 points. I love these because they’re so little and it takes a while to eat them. They fill me up, too!

12611 008

Hubby called to say he wouldn’t be home until probably around 9:00, so I went ahead and ate supper solo. It was the perfect opportunity to use up a package of Tofu Shirataki spaghetti that I had in the fridge. It smelled fishy when I opened it, which is normal, so I hear. I wasn’t sure what to expect!

12611 009

I added spaghetti sauce that had a tiny bit of sausage in it. I ended up adding more spaghetti sauce later for more flavor. This was 6 points.

12611 010

The verdict- they’re very low in points but I think I would rather have a serving of whole wheat pasta. The noodles were chewy, almost like I was eating rubber or something. But they definitely filled me up! I’m just kind of wondering how they’ll digest…Ew.

I also had a sandwich thin topped with a light Laughing Cow Mozzarella, Sun-Dried tomato and Basil cheese wedge with green beans for 4 points.

12611 011

I had 3 points left, so I had a Skinny Cow ice cream sandwich for 4 points. Why are there so many “diet” foods with cow in the name? lol

12611 013

It’s a little perplexing, isn’t it? Smile

I feel like today was a good day eating wise. No matter how bad my WI was, I’m just going to keep on going.

26 comments :

  1. You tried the noodles. I haven't yet. Did you rinse them and then pat them dry before you cooked them? I think we r supposed to!
    Don't stress on the gain. It will come right back off!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Could be any number of things!! I recently had a bad one and it came off the next week; I think mine was TOM! Anyway... I'm always excited about low point foods, but those noodles look kind of gross ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Don't sweat the gain. You know if you are following the plan that it will work out in the end

    And ewwwwwwww!!! Those noodles. Nas-tay.

    I bet your smoothie has a banana in it :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Don't worry too much about the gain. You've been eating well so it will come off in next couple of weeks. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I wouldn't worry about the gain - you will get it off again. Reading your posts always inspires me to eat better!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I would say that the gain is more than likely because of TOM, especially since you aren't supposed to have one with your BC..

    But I agree with everyone else, don't fret too much, and I'm sure it'll come off during this next week.. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yeah those noodles would not be very appetizing to me the second someone said fishy!! NO WAY!! Hahaha I would stick with whole grain noodles. I buy a really tatsy one! I think they are all really good. That ice cream looks so good. I just can't buy them. I would want to eat the whole container.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Who knows why the scale doesn't cooperate sometimes? You're doing every thing right. Keep it up!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I always gain big numbers around my period and then lose it the following week! Hang in there, you are doing ALL the right things! Have you ever though about it being muscle mass, you are switching up your work outs some!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm so sorry about that gain, but I bet you'll have it back off in no time. I always have a gain when TOM is here, no matter how well I follow the program. Hang in there. *Hugs* to you.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Some great looking food here, the tuna sandwich thin looks supurb! The tofu noodles, not so much.

    Nice Blog!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Damn!! Don't you HATE that when you gain with no explaination???? Hang in there, I'm SURE it'll drop right off over the course of the week. Take care, hope you feel much much better soon!!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Sorry about the weigh in. I know how frustrating that can be.

    Your lunch looks delish!

    ReplyDelete
  14. We all have bad weeks for no reason but you will get past it. Stay strong and good luck for the coming week. x

    ReplyDelete
  15. Keep doing right - it will do right eventually!
    It, being the scale, that is!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Those noodles I am on and off with, they are ... ok... I eat them, try them in a chop suey with a million stir fry veggies then they are good :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Never tried the noodles...I think I will stick to Whole Wheat pasta too :) Hope your next wi is better :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Darn weight gain. There's really no accounting for our bodies sometimes. Been there. Followed everything right, exercised my booty off and gained weight. How does that happen?!
    It could really be anything. Usually water weight. I bet it's down next week. Just stay on course.

    ReplyDelete
  19. I've always wandered at Tofu Shirataki, but have never been able to bring myself to try them. And I don't think I will be.
    Don't let the gain discourage you. It could be anything, and hopefully next wi will be much better!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Oh no… I know how frustrating a gain can be, but I do think it might have a lot to do with TOM. Hang in there, I’m sure it’ll come back off very soon :}
    That skinny cow desert looks soo yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  21. It's hard (and for me impossible) to not let the scale be the ultimate measure of success. Just keep doing what you're doing and the scale will catch up to you! Hang in there.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Hey Alissa, the scale can be a pain in the ass - just know that you're doing awesome on this transformation and it'll be nothing but a little speedbump. Cheers, Rick

    ReplyDelete
  23. So sorry about your gain :( It could have been TOM, the fact that you are sick, but for sure not because of what you have been eating!! Next week WILL be a better week for you! Keep up your hard work.

    Jen
    http://www.jenslosinit.com/

    ReplyDelete
  24. It can be ultimate measure of success. Just keep doing what you're doing and the scale will catch up to you! Hang in there.

    ReplyDelete
  25. There's really no accounting for our bodies sometimes. Been there. Followed everything right, exercised my booty off and gained weight.

    ReplyDelete
  26. Nin Jiom Pei Pa Koa (ninjiom-hk.cwahi.net) may be another choice. i know alot of people use it, its also non alcoholic, though it's effectiveness is not as good as alcohol based cough medicine, but it's still good to use on not so serious sore throat.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...