SOCIAL MEDIA

Thursday, January 27, 2011

I’m a Fountain

Is it Thursday already? The week is flying by, which is never a bad thing as long as come Friday at around 5 PM, life just slows right on down to the pace of a snail.

I was craving oatmeal this morning, so I had 1 cup of oats with a tiny bit of cinnamon mixed in and a sliced banana on top. I also had a cup of 1% milk for a total of 7 points.

112711 001

The thought of the long drive to school and then the long walk to class in the frigid air wasn’t very appealing today. So I decided to stay home and rest. I’m still not feeling well. Just stuffy, making it hard to breathe, and I felt a bit nauseous this morning, along with the sore throat. I’ve been a lot sicker, this is nothing compared to how bad these colds can get for me. So my plan of action is to rest as much as possible so that it doesn’t get that far for me this time. I swear, I will catch every cold and it will turn into a 3 month dilemma for me because it gets worse and then it just won’t go away! Other than that, I rarely get sick- just these colds or whatever you want to call them.

I spent the morning in bed reading for school. I got a lot done, which is a good feeling. While I read, I snacked on 2 Cuties clementines for 0 points.

112711 002

For lunch, I was craving soup. That seems to be all I want these days.

112711 003

A few of you noticed that I shop at Alidi- Yep, I love that store! And did you know that Aldi is owned by the same company as Trader Joe’s? I often find Trader Joe’s goodies there. I shop there because it saves us money and it’s a much smaller store- which I like. I almost always buy the Fit & Active version of the products- which are lower in calories, etc. I may have to put a post together with WW Points Plus Values of some of the foods I buy there. How many of you shop at Aldi? I used to be so embarrassed that my Mom shopped there- but now, I’m all about shopping at Aldi! Smile

So for lunch, I had 1 cup of the Fit & Active Chicken Noodle Soup and I decided to get a little creative in the kitchen. I made a tuna melt quesadilla, which I dipped in ketchup- this was so good- I’ll have to share the recipe! Total points- 10.

112711 004

And for dessert, I had 1 cup of fresh pineapple for o points.

112711 006

A while later, I had a Ghirardelli Dark Chocolate with Caramel square for 2 points.

112711 007

Before signing in to work, I was feeling a bit hungry- so I whipped up another delicious smoothie for 1 point. (3 servings of fruit!)

112711 008

And then it was time to work. I brought a cup of Duchess Grey tea to sip on while I worked. My boss called me and told me I didn’t have to work today if I didn’t want to- but I told him I better work- I can’t keep taking time off!

112711 009

A decision I regretted the moment I heard the first customer’s argumentative tone. Winking smile

But I feel so bad because Hubby works so hard and puts in such long days and he doesn’t seem to  mind a bit! And here I am trying to take every chance I can to work less! lol. But he says he understands and it’s ok…But the bills do need to be paid! I guess Hubby has a job he LOVES and I do not- that’s the only difference I can think of. Don’t get me wrong, I am thankful to be able to work at home and thankful I HAVE a job- but it’s not my life long goal to work for this company forever. Oh please, no- more like my life long nightmare if that would happen! I do aspire to higher things. Smile

For supper, I made Tyson breaded chicken patties on sandwich thins with some Light mayo, tomato, greens and ketchup for 9 points. I also had (slightly burned) sweet potato fries for 4 points.

112711 011

It was a delicious meal that felt like a splurge but it really wasn’t all that unhealthy!

For dessert, I had a serving of vanilla ice cream with chocolate syrup on top for 5 points.

112711 012

This really hit the spot. I used 4 weekly points today.

I think that my hormones are affecting me because I started crying watching a commercial for a car- yeah really not that sad. But I wasn’t that surprised when I started sobbing when I watched the video below- it touched my heart and I hope it touches yours, too! *Sniffle* Winking smileI’m just a fountain of tears today!

My Mom sent me this video which I think is just so adorable and I had to share it. I hope it brings a smile to your face, or a happy tear to your eye. Smile

9 comments :

  1. I cry at everything right now!

    Great job on your eating - you are making me hungry! I hope you feel better soon, good idea on the rest day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have you ever tried Butternut Squash fries? They are 0 pts and actually taste really good, a lot like sweet potato fries. I made them after I saw the new Hungry Girl Tv show!

    Also, I really like your blog, and mentioned it on mine... I wrote my 1st blog today and you inspired me to start it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hope you feel better! And OMGosh, that video is so adorably precious! I can see why it made you cry, thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I shop at ALDI and I absolutely LOVE it! I haven't tried the Chicken Soup in your picture. Is it high in sodium? I'm trying to figure out if the sodium in my food is the reason my weight is going up and down so much, so I've been making my own soups.
    Mo

    ReplyDelete
  5. OMigosh! That little boy in the video is adorable! And now you have me craving pineapples.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like Aldi :)It is a bit out of my way, but I shop there at least once a month :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yay for staying at home! And your dinner looks delicious :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm trying to figure out if the sodium in my food is the reason my weight is going up and down so much, so I've been making my own soups.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...