SOCIAL MEDIA

Monday, November 16, 2009

Warm Drinks

I'm addicted to warm drinks this time of year. Coffee, tea, hot cocoa...you name it! Lately, I've found they're an excellent substitute to snacking and have much fewer calories! They take a while to sip, so by the time you're done sipping, snacking is off your mind. So here are a few of my favorite new drinks:

 

yogislimlife

Wow- this stuff is absolutely amazing! It doesn't have that strong green tea flavor, and to be honest I would have thought I was drinking white tea if the box hadn't said green tea. You can really taste the blueberry. It has this fantastic aroma- so good! I drank some today and I really think it did help suppress my appetite- but who can say for sure? The best part- 0 points!

cocoa

Hot cocoa for the dieter! This is 0 points also! Definitely takes away that urge to eat chocolate! I’m really loving this stuff!

So there are a couple of my new favorite warm drinks. What are yours?

6 comments :

  1. I love coffee with hazelnut creamer. Or a spiced apple cider with a cinnamon stick. Yummy! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for sharing. It's starting to get cold here in San Diego but our afternoons are still around 70 degrees.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've always had issues with sleeping. Just a couple of weeks ago I discovered Yogi's bedtime tea. Oh so good! Here's the Low Country Boil Recipe. I omitted the sausage, but it's awesome either way.

    Ingredients

    * 2 bags of crab boil seasoning
    * 12 red new potatoes
    * 6 (4-inch) smoked sausage link sausage
    * 6 ears corn
    * 3 pounds fresh shrimp, unpeeled

    Directions

    Fill a large pot with enough water to cover all of the ingredients. Add the crab boil and bring to a boil. Adjust the crab boil to suit your taste. When the water boils, add the potatoes and sausage. Cook on medium heat for 20 minutes. Add corn and cook for an additional 10 minutes. Add shrimp and cook for no more than 3 minutes. Drain and serve with warm bread.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm a hot drink person too! It was my go to "snack" when I was trying to lose weight. Now I like coffee, green tea, and that hot chocolate you showed! Yum and restful!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I find drinking coffee etc helps when I'm hungry, we don't get that fancy tea here in Germany but do think we have a low calorie hot chocolate drink, must look at it when I shop again...

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...