SOCIAL MEDIA

Friday, November 27, 2009

Thanksgiving Day Diary

I thought I would check in every so often to say how I’m doing to try to keep myself accountable.

8 AM: For breakfast I had 1/2 bagel with milk and 1/2 banana. I was trying to keep my points down but didn’t realize even half the bagel was 3 points. Total points: 6.5

11 AM: Everyone else was snacking on cookies before lunch. I didn’t eat a single one, not even a bite!

lunch: I didn’t over eat and that’s the most important thing. I had 1/4 cup servings or less of almost everything served. So everything was pretty low in points, but overall it added up! I had 1/2 slice pecan pie and very small krispy bar w/ chocolate for dessert. Estimated points: 28.5- WOW! I’m now totally on weekly points for the rest of the day!

3 PM: Everyone eating cookies and desserts with coffee. I’m just not lucky enough to be thin like my brothers and sisters. I didn’t touch them, just drank more coffee. Hubby and I went out for a walk for 23 minutes. Feels great!! I got a workout in, wore my heart rate monitor. It was nice to get fresh air and some quiet time to chat with my hubby alone! :)

5 PM: Feeling a little hungry, and knew if I didn’t eat my meal I’d be eating cookies and sweets. So I went ahead and made a turkey sandwich on a whole wheat roll, with a few sides. 1/3 slice pecan pie and another small krispy bar with chocolate. Still have 7.5 weekly points left. While I’ve used a lot of points, I feel like ordinarily I would have done much worse. So overall, I’ve done great.

7:45 PM: Got a little bored I guess and ate another krispy bar with chocolate. It gave me heart burn. I know, not good. I also had a couple of almonds.

I think I’m feeling a little let down coming on. The day is almost over already- and so fast! It’s been a lot of fun. Lots of laughs and American Idol on the Xbox. :)

8:30 PM: My brother made soft pretzels which are so good! I had 1/2. Also had a tiny piece of sharp white cheddar cheese.

9 PM: Went to see New Moon! Team Edward or Team Jacob? I’m not as into this as a lot of people are. As an English major…I analyze the movie far too much. lol Didn’t get anything to eat and actually didn’t eat anything for the rest of the night.

Point used: 59.5

Weekly left: 1

Activity earned: 2

Wow, that’s a lot of points used! But I’m still on track. I have to stick to my daily points through Wednesday now. While this will be a struggle, it’s doable. Hope all of you had a wonderful Thanksgiving! I think I’ll do this for Black Friday also.

4 comments :

  1. wow;...what an interesting read.
    I've never had more than 12 weekly points I was allowed to go over and I had to gain them from being active.
    With the new program I also have 35 weekly points and cant see how its possible to eat your daily allowance and weekly and still lose...so am going to watch your next weigh in and see how this works before I try it for myself.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Had a super Thanksgiving! Good job on the walk with your husband. At least he will go. I can't get my BF out of the house!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amazing how things add up isn't it? Sounds like you had a good plan, though and enjoyed yourself without going overboard.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think you did terrific, sure you nibbled and ate what you normally wouldn't have NOW but if you compare it to a year ago it probably looks monumentally different. I even in the sizes of food you chose to ate, the fact that you sought out a whole grain roll, etc. Plus if you can keep it to that one day you'll be ok. I also see you listening to what food is doing to your body, that's a huge step from eating too much and not making the connection.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...