SOCIAL MEDIA

Monday, November 23, 2009

First Workout

I am finally completely over my sickness and so I am back to my workout schedule at 4:30 AM. It feels so good! I coughed a lot towards the end, did my inhaler and it helped a little, so I'll have to watch this to make sure I don't get sick again.

I am happy to say that I did not lose my endurance and I can still run 1 1/2 mins. at 5 mph. WHEW! That's a relief to know I don't have to start over again. By the end, I was pretty exhausted but that's what you get when you haven't worked out for 2 months.

But this was my first run (run/walk) with my heart rate monitor! Did I mention that I love this thing? I was afraid I wasn't getting a really good workout in, so I was interested to see how I would do. Well, I set it at the hard workout and I was over the max heart rate almost the whole time. My highest was 184. Maybe I need to reset it? Is this dangerous? How important is it to keep it within the heart rate zone? I think it recommended about 163 or so? At least I know I'm working hard enough!

Yesterday was a little bit of a test for me- and I passed! We had the in law's over so we made tacos. I used whole wheat tortillas and filled mine with mostly veggies. The worst part was I made pumpkin bars for dessert and they were 9 points each! I ate one and we put most of the rest in the freezer. There are 2 in the fridge if I have enough points tonight...I swear they're worth the points! haha But I can't believe how high in points they are! I'll bring the rest to Thanksgiving. But after that lunch I didn't have a lot of points for supper, but I figured out how to have a good supper and I didn't go over my points, which is good because I'm almost out of weekly points! One step at a time! :)

4 comments :

  1. Your HR monitor should guide you as to your setting for age etc.
    Thats a very high range to workout at...How did you feel.
    Am pleased you feeling much better and back into training...you go girl

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, I'm impressed by the super early workout!

    ReplyDelete
  3. No sickness can hold you down for long. Happy to hear that you can move forward with your routine. Have a great week.

    ReplyDelete
  4. way to go!!! keep up the good work and set goals you know can accomplish, building your confidence with each 'good' move

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...