SOCIAL MEDIA

Friday, December 4, 2009

Running

This morning I got up for my run/walk. That alarm sure came early! Usually I wake up at about 4:25, but this time I was sound asleep when the alarm went off. It always feels good when I’m done with the workout. How do I know when I’m ready to move on to week 3 of the C25K? I can run 90 seconds without stopping but by the end of that I’m pretty tired. Maybe I should just give it a try on Monday and see if it’s even possible for me to run 3 minutes nonstop? What are your thoughts on this?

I feel like I stay forever on a week. For example, I started this in July and I’m still on week 2. 2 months of that time I was sick so I didn’t workout though.

I read an article in my Health magazine about Jillian Michaels. She said that people don’t realize what their bodies are capable of. She doesn’t like it when people tell her they go on “walks.” So maybe I’m ok to push myself a little further? How do you know when to stop? Besides fainting of course! haha Actually that’s not very funny.

So what do you think?

5 comments :

  1. I try to push myself as much as possible.

    I had this comment all typed out, then lost it in the internet no man's land. Oh well. Anyway, I think any exercise is good exercise, whether it's walking or running.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think it is true that we tend to stay in our comfort zones too long. However, there is no one saying that you have to move through the C25K in exactly 9 weeks. It's just a guideline. I would go ahead and try the next week. It's not like you can't drop back down again, right?

    ReplyDelete
  3. um..well not sure I even have a leg to stand on in the 'running advice' but I found that when I push myself it did one good thing, one bad thing...
    good: I get to see where I'm at..what's my best?
    bad: I usually am wiped out, not energized and it takes me a few days to kick back...

    I don't know.. I say try it and see, otherwise how will you know?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I bet you could push yourself a little more. I totally agree with Jillian! Running is a total head thing...once you get into your gruve I bet you could go a LOT longer than 90 seconds! Just try not to focus on the time and put your thoughts on something else. I look at a magazine when I'm on the treadmill and listen to music. Helps take my mind off the fact that running is hard! Keep at it, you can do it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I also push my body - my brother is telling me to rest, my HR I am struggling to get up, he says I need to take a few days off...
    But like you I cant!!!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...