SOCIAL MEDIA

Saturday, December 12, 2009

Picture Day

Ok, not picture day as in pictures of me- I’m too scared to do that yet! I love this anonymity thing! haha :) But I did decide to take pictures of everything I eat today to try to keep myself on track. Good news, I lost weight this morning (I know…how did that happen?) and am only .4 above my weigh in on Wednesday. 246.4. I’ll take it!

I know a lot of you have shunned cereal from your diets, but I just love the stuff and don’t want to get rid of it. I have been trying to buy cereals with less sugar, I usually eat Cheerios now. I found Cheerio Crunch at the store recently and wanted to try it for something different. So for breakfast I had 1 cup of Cheerio Crunch with 1/2 cup of 1% milk, 1 cup of 100% Orange Juice, and 1 medium banana. Total point value = 6.5 points.

Eats1212 002

A while later I decided to get on the treadmill for my first attempt at week 3 of C25k.

Brisk five-minute warmup walk, then do two repetitions of the following:

  • Jog 200 yards (or 90 seconds)
  • Walk 200 yards (or 90 seconds)
  • Jog 400 yards (or 3 minutes)
  • Walk 400 yards (or three minutes)

I did it!!! I was able to do the first 90 second run at 5 mph, the first 3 minute run at 5 mph and the second 90 second run at 5 mph. On the 2nd 3 minutes run- I was able to run the first 2 minutes at 5 mph and then got so tired I had to decrease to 4.5 for 30 seconds and 4 for the last 30 seconds. But the important thing is that I didn’t stop running! I kept telling myself, “your body is capable for this, keep going!” But then I started feeling funny so thought I should turn it down. But this is just a start and I’m sure I will get up to both 3 minute runs at 5 mph eventually! I am absolutely covered in sweat and exhausted and coughing though.

I was really angry because my heart rate monitor wasn’t working correctly. It seemed like if I put my arm down it wasn’t sensing the heart rate and it would just show 0. So the readings weren’t accurate. I only purchased this in September. Is the battery low or what is going on?

I thought I would share what the area I work out in looks like. It used to be in the living room, but with the remodel, we moved it into half of the office, which is so much better!

Eats1212 005

As you can see, I run staring at a blank wall. I’ve been wanting to get some kind of inspirational poster to look at. Either that or I will make my own. Something to keep me going!

I’ve been trying to use up leftovers, so that’s what I did for lunch! I had 4 reduced fat Grand’s Bisquits in the fridge, so I made little pizzas. Hubby had to work today, so he’ll have some food for his lunches for the week, too! :) I ended up eating 1 1/2 of these, but only one is pictured. I also had 1/2 cup of leftover green beans. I drank diet Pepsi. Total Point Value = 7.5 Points.

Eats1212 010

I picked up some No Pudge! Brownie mix at Trader Joe’s last weekend. I’ve been really wanting to try it. I read on the box you can make single servings in the microwave, and I think that’s what I’ll use it for. So I had one serving. I’m not sure how to count this, but I counted it as 2 points based on what’s listed for 1/12 of the box. The picture makes it looks gross, but it wasn’t too bad- definitely tasted like “diet food” though.

Eats1212 011

I walked into the laundry room and had to take a picture of this:

Eats1212 009

No more procrastinating- time to get started on this paper! I settled down with a big cup of coffee w/ creamer. I always count this as 1 point.

Eats1212 012

Hubby came home earlier than expected, so I heated him up the leftovers from lunch. I then had a cup of Tazo decaf Chai mixed with a little bit of pumpkin spice creamer. Wow, this was delicious!

Eats1212 015

I absolutely could not focus on my paper. I wrote one paragraph and at least got the paper set up. But that’s it…ugh! Just not in the mood to do that. I’ll have time Tuesday afternoon though. :)

So I went outside and shoveled for about 20 minutes. Didn’t really need to do it, but wanted to get a little more activity in and some fresh air- felt great!

I got really hungry later so I had 2 small clementines for .5 point.

Eats1212 016

Hubby and I went to Panera for supper. I had planned on getting garden veggie soup but it wasn’t on the menu. So I had the You Pick Two Black bean soup with the Fuji Apple salad and a whole grain baguette for 11 points.

Eats1212 017

For dessert I had a Jr. Candy Sundae with Oreo from Sonic for 3 points.

Eats1212 018

Later on I had some Smart pop for 1 point.

Eats1212 019 

Total Points Used: 32.5

That’s 1.5 weekly points.

I earned 7 AP’s.

6 comments :

  1. Hello Mae
    Love the photo blog u did today, I think it makes everything so much more real this way.
    Well done of the .4 loss...all adds up to a huge loss in time.

    My HR monitor plays up as well from time to time, I get so frustrated, sometimes it shows my HR as over the top and other times cant find it...and mine is also newish.... 5months old only. I also wonder if the battery already.

    I'm off to make myself some coffee after reading your blog ...I put 2 points out for milk daily for coffee and tea...and I drink the 0,1% which is water with milk flavor...LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved your pic post!

    The cats looked way too comfy :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I laughed when I saw your treadmill! You need to move it so you can at least see a window or the TV!

    I lurve cereal, but I snack on it so much I have to ban it periodically from the house (which it is right now...)

    ReplyDelete
  4. yeah, I completely get the treadmill thing....i run into a wall everytime too :) too bad we can't get like a digital headgear thing that goes over our eyes and simulates the sights, smells and sounds of enviroments...like running in the forest, or the park, or the beach...ah, when will technology rid us of the blank wall... :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. When I used to do the treadmill I looked at a wall too. I think a poster or something would really help you stay motivated to finish!

    Great food choices!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...