SOCIAL MEDIA

Monday, December 7, 2009

Frustrated

I am so frustrated. We’re supposed to be getting a big storm here Tuesday night into Wednesday morning with 7-11 inches of snow and 45 mph winds, which means big drifts. I live in a small town and my drive to work is about 25 miles away all on an open road, so we’re talking major drifting when that happens.

So knowing this is in the forecast, I went to work and requested 7-11 off because the time was available. That way I wouldn’t have to worry about getting to work early, and then I wouldn’t have to have points taken away for missing work when it wasn’t scheduled. Well, I checked the vacation calendar and they showed another girl requesting it before me, and she said she didn’t request it for a couple of hours after I did. So she was approved and I wasn’t. Then they told me I didn’t specify what times I wanted off, and I have a copy of what I submitted saved on my computer and it says 7-11. My supervisor said the same thing, and I called him back and explained and he hasn’t returned my phone call. I’m so annoyed!!

On top of it all, my husband may have to spend the next 2 nights away because they’re afraid that the snow will prohibit then from traveling to the job site and they have a lot of work to do. So I’ll be stuck at home by myself, w/ 16 inches of snow to shovel and trying to get to work by 7 am…

ARGHHH! Sorry, but I just needed to vent!

4 comments :

  1. I totally share your frustration....blogging is a fantastic place to vent, i do it all the time and feel so much better afterwards...Hope you manage this week in that weather.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope the snow trucks keep on top of it for you and you can get to work safely!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Okay, I thought I had problems here in San Diego with major rain and wind but you take the cake. I hope it all works out in the end. Please be safe in all that snow.

    How do you stay motivated to workout during the snow days? What type of exercise do you do when it is snowing outside?

    Please share! Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  4. Okay, this officially sucks! Ugh! VENT AWAY!!! I would!

    Drive safely!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...