SOCIAL MEDIA

Sunday, December 27, 2009

The Aftermath

I jumped on the scale this morning and found I was up a couple of pounds from weigh in day. I can handle that! I’m sure those pounds will come off in no time if I get back on track. Yesterday was better than the day before and so on. :) Today, I will try to stay 100% on track.

My grandma is losing her battle. She has diabetes and her incisions are not healing (after 9 weeks) and the doctors said her insides (she had heart surgery) aren’t healing either. Her kidneys started to fail yesterday and the doctor said this is it. They made the decision to slowly take away support. She has said from the beginning that she is just ready to go. We know this is what is best. She wouldn’t have quality of life if she had made it anyways. Before, they told her she needed to keep fighting because she could get better. But now as her body is shutting down, it’s time to face the truth. God is saying that is time and he knows what is best. I’ve never lost a grandparent yet, but I’m trying to find joy in the sorrow, knowing that she is going to a better place.

3 comments :

  1. Make sure u get back on track ASAP...dont allow another day or two to go by...I know from my past experience if I left things for a week I never went back on till months later...so make sure this is not you...I will be checking up on you Mae, and I dont want you to fail....but reach your goal.

    I've lost all my grandparents now, one cant imagine life without them being in it as they have always - but yes, when you see them suffer you do think its for their best that they pass over and peacefully...
    I still feel my grandparents around me, I dream about them in my life, I think about them often...they will never be forgotten. I feel very sad for you as its not an easy time to say goodbye to someone so special.
    Big cyber hug and a prayer said for your gran...may she be at peace during this time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry to hear about your grandmother. You have a healthy attitude about her passing and that will help you get through. Just enjoy the time you have with her and stay strong.

    God please bless this family.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So sorry to hear about your grandmother. No matter how prepared we are it is still a painful time to see someone you love pass away. Take care of yourself during this time.

    Those few pounds will come right back off. I'm glad you had a nice Christmas.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...