SOCIAL MEDIA

Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Weigh in Day and My Plan

I lost 1.6 lbs this week. Not too bad, but I'm ready to start losing and reach my 50 lb goal! As you can see from my sidebar, I have set my goal to allow myself $50 to spend on myself for some new clothes. I'm always buying new clothes, but at least I won't have to feel guilty about it this time! :)

Thank you for all of your great suggestions and comments. I have decided to try a different free website for a week, for the rest of the month and then I am going to make my decision about WW online. This week I am following Lori's suggestion and am tracking my food on livestrong.com. This is a little different for me because I am tracking calories and not points, but it has been fun today! I am motivated and haven't used all of my calories yet, so that's a good sign! I will come up with a list of what I love and what I don't like about the site and post them next week before I go on to try the next site. Anything that gets me motivated is worth it to me right now, in the end I may stick with weight watchers, but at least this is giving me a kick start.

I had a little bit of a break through last night while watching last week's episode of The Biggest Loser. I might take a whole post to talk about that, but let's just say that it helped motivate me today also. Good things to think about. I think Jillian is on to something when she breaks the contestants down and makes them confront what has gotten them where they are today. Any of us who are obese have our own story to tell. Are we hiding behind our weight? There are certainly some psychological issues involved with my weight. More on that next time!

5 comments :

  1. I am so glad you came to that conclusion. I agree with you on the subject of hiding behind our weight. We all have those issues that need to me addressed on a personal level. I know what mine are. It's a road to recovery.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great job on your reduction! I can not wait to read more.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well done on the loss this week...
    Am sure you will find that site suits you best...
    I must just mention one thing quick, not pointing at you but from what I have noticed with people struggling to lose weight ( I have an online group )
    Whenever the person is not losing fast enough or they think there is some better program out there they change programs...and they keep searching for the right one for them...so they are back and forth all the time and never actually losing weight..
    My tip would be, find the one that suits you and then stick to it from start to the end...
    I did that with WW after trying every other diet out there.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Bravo on the loss!

    There are a lot of emotional issues that are behind weight. It's different for everyone, and figuring it out is key to success.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for the visit and comment....much appreciated...Have a good next week.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...