SOCIAL MEDIA

Thursday, January 29, 2015

Week 4 Progress Post: NSVs

I am happy with the progress that I made this week even though it wasn’t on the scale.

The scale showed me staying the same. Total loss- still 3.4 lbs. I am aware that I am not doing what it takes to show real progress on the scale…but I am making forward steps.

I started the week off feeling like I was starting to spiral out of control so I downloaded my trusty calorie counting app and I started tracking calories. I still allowed myself to eat whatever foods I wanted to, but I was more conscious of the calorie count.

This seemed to work for me. After my weight spiking at the beginning of the week, I slowly got it together and I feel much more in control. I don’t want to be too crazy about meeting a certain calorie count, just as long as I am staying mindful and start losing again. The app shows a fairly high calorie allotment for the day, so I may have to lower that if I don’t see any progress.

Workouts last week:

Thursday- Walked on treadmill = 24 minutes

Saturday- 1.57 mile walk outside = 33 minutes

Monday- Walked outside = 26 minutes

Wednesday- Arms workout using 5 lb. weights and sitting on a fitness ball = 15 minutes

My goal was to workout for more overall time than I did the previous week, which was 1 hour and 10 minutes. I worked out for 1 hour and 38 minutes this week! That’s progress. I’m happy to be meeting my workout goal of 4x per week.

What I did well this week: I started grabbing something healthier for snacks. If I wanted something sweet, I ate an orange or yogurt with fruit. While following THM, I feel like I stopped eating fruits/veggies as much as I should have. I’m still being mindful about the quantity of fruit, but my body is thanking me for eating healthier.

What I could improve on: Watch the sweets and treats. I ate a few too many of those mostly at the beginning of the week. I want to include them in my diet in moderation, but this week I think I ate too many!

How did you do this week?

1 comment :

  1. Ah ha. You just reminded me of something I really struggled with on THM... missing fruit! I mean, I was glad to be able to eat berries and all. But I love fruits! How can it be bad to eat fruits with all their cancer-fighting, God-given properties??? And I felt like everything began to taste like eggs. Haha l think you are going to keep tweaking until you find what is perfect for you! My week sucked, just to put it politely. Well, my week didn't, but I did!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...