SOCIAL MEDIA

Friday, January 23, 2015

Walking my way to a 5K

I contemplated doing the Couch to 5K program for beginning runners, but I decided I would start small and work my way there since I’m not quite at that fitness level yet.

I was happy to find Spark People’s 5K Your Way Walking Training Program.

There is a handy printable calendar that I printed out and put on my fridge. I cross out the walks as I complete them.

I started it this week and it seems perfect for me right now. I walked 20 minutes on the first day instead of 15. I have one more 1.5 mile walk to complete by EOD Sunday.

My ultimate goal is to eventually get back into running again but I’m taking it slow. I enjoy my walks and it’s much easier to be faithful about working out when you enjoy whatever it is you’re doing.

Are you following a training plan?

2 comments :

  1. It felt so awesome to walk a 5K when I did one - I think 3 full years ago now! When I see the pics from it come up, I cringe just a little with disappointment. I remember telling myself after that race that I would do the same one again next yr and make better time. Never happened. I will def check out that link. I like the idea. I don't really think I can do couch to 5k because my knees won't allow me to run. Blah.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am just starting week 9 of the Couch to 5K and I am still amazed that it works. I am doing it with a friend and that I thnik it the key to keeping the motivation.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...