SOCIAL MEDIA

Friday, January 16, 2015

Week 2 Progress Post: It’ll get better

I really didn’t want to post about my week at all, but here goes.

I’ve had a rough week. I haven’t been feeling well physically or emotionally. Something is just off. And while no one really cares about how I’m feeling—I’m going to blog about it just to get it off my chest!

I’m tired and have absolutely zero energy. I take advantage of the small bursts of energy I sometimes get during the day to get everything done that needs to be done. I have to keep this ship sailing.

People always tell brand new moms “sleep when the baby sleeps”, and I literally did that maybe once (even now that I’m well past the “brand new mom” status). Her naps are my time to get things done. Yesterday, I was so exhausted that I decided to take a nap during baby’s daily afternoon nap. I quickly fell asleep only to find that she only wanted to sleep for 30 minutes, even though every single day she sleeps for 1 hour and 15 minutes. I slept really well last night and so did baby—thankfully!

I have felt nauseous. At first, I just didn’t eat because I wanted to stay on my eating plan. The less I ate, the more miserable I felt. So when I ate a piece of toast and it made me feel better, I said “screw it” and started eating. And then my diet fell apart and I’ve had three brownies this week. (I’m probably lucky that we’re on this darn budget and have no delicious food in the house or it would probably be worse!! ha)

I’ve had headaches that won’t go away and anyone who gets headaches regularly knows just how physically and emotionally draining that is. I’ve been a little weepy.

I am feeling a little better today—just tired. Poor baby doesn’t seem to be feeling well today and was crying and trying not to nap this morning. Poor thing. I hate those times when there doesn’t seem to be anything I can do to make her feel better and I don’t know what it is that she needs.

Maybe we have had a little bug. I really don’t know? It’s not like I have flu symptoms or anything to that extend. But I sure hope whatever it is goes away very, very soon!

So in all honesty, I gained 1.3 lbs. this week. I’ve now lost 2.1 lbs. total. And sadly, at the beginning of the week I hit a new low…which I can’t count now!

I am having one of those weeks where I feel like throwing in the towel. I’m incredibly discouraged and disheartened—I feel like I’m stuck in a vicious cycle! But at the same time I know I should really just cut myself some slack this week. Not all weeks will be like this one. The important thing is a downward trend and I know that when I am feeling like myself again and have more energy that I will be back at it in full force. It’ll get better.

And now I’m done putting myself out there and will try not to feel sorry for myself anymore! On a positive note, it’s the weekend and hubby will be home to help with the baby! Also, it’s going to be warmer! Yippee!

Have a good weekend.

3 comments :

  1. See if you can get your thyroid levels tested. Good luck and keep choosing real foods( toss stuff in the crock pot) over highly processed. Onward

    ReplyDelete
  2. I remember having depression symptoms for a long time before finally going to the doctor for it. I told my husband that if I had known how much better I would feel on the meds I now take, I would've gotten them YEARS ago. I would've been a much better mom!!! Not saying you have depression, but if you even feel like you might don't ignore it. I wasted years. :( Also, this is just something else to consider. Some people can't handle THM well because of the Truvia, Stevia, etc. I remember being on the board and some people just quitting because it gave them sick stomachs and bad headaches. My husband didn't get headaches, but he got a sick stomach from it, and so did one of my girls. That's why I ended up stopping. I was liking it overall, but with 6 ppl I have to do something that works for all of us. I can't be cooking separate meals! Whew! Lol Maybe you all did just have something viral and all will be well. I agree with you - nap when baby naps? Yeah right! Maybe the first 2 weeks or if you have a full-time housekeeper and errand runner or lots of family always willing to lend a hand! Being a SAHM is a constant job. You're good to be honest. Therapy for the soul! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am sorry you are feeling down. We all need to wallow sometimes, but you can pull out of it and not quit. You have done it before!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...