SOCIAL MEDIA

Monday, October 6, 2014

Day 1 of 5 Complete and Contemplating Rising Early

I did it!

My morning was off schedule so I ended up doing the workout while baby took her afternoon nap. I like to be able to shower in the morning, but I told myself I had to wait until I completed my workout.

I will admit that I was out of breath during the warm up. How sad is that? lol

But it felt wonderful to move, what felt like, every muscle in my body.

I used 3 lb. weights because I wasn’t sure how much I would be able to handle on day 1! I could probably increase that amount but we’ll see how my arms feel tomorrow! It’s the legs I’m most worried about.

I am contemplating setting a 5 a.m. wake up time to become part of my schedule. Right now it just sounds horrific.

But while working, there were times when I woke up at 4:30 in the morning to get my workout in. And I still go to bed at the same time at night. If baby would have a bad night, I could always keep sleeping in the morning to make sure I get my rest.

OR I could just wake up at 4:30 a.m. when my husband wakes up. More than likely I would sit awake in bed from 4:30 to 5 a.m. anyways. IDK.

Then again, if I can fit in my workout every single day on my current schedule (wake up when baby does-- which was 5:50 a.m. this morning) then maybe I shouldn’t worry about it. I do know that I do better when I get the workout out of the way in the morning though. And if I have any plans for the day, it makes it difficult to get my workout in if I don’t get it done first thing.

Anyways, just thinking “out loud” here. Any SAHMs out there? How do you fit in your workouts?

3 comments :

  1. My are old enough now to tote along. I remember when Tucker was a baby, putting him in the playpen in the living room so he could watch me exercise. Most of the time, that worked well. As long as he could see me, he was fine. I do remember one day where he cried like a wild banchee the entire time and I was aggravated and stressed. Lol You will figure out what works best. Maybe try one week of both ways and see which is easier. No joke about being winded in the warm up! I was at the point where walking across the grocery store parking lot would have me needing a rest. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. There is no schedule when you have a baby. I am a SAHM but my kids are older now and I have lots of babysitters for the younger kids so it isn't too much of a problem for me anymore. But I do remember when they were little, I was on their schedule, not mine :).

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think i need to start doing my workout first thing in the morning too. I'm just starting out like you and my motivation is lacking so I don't end up doing it until later, but that results in thinking about it all day long which is just annoying.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...