SOCIAL MEDIA

Monday, January 10, 2011

A Tired Day: Last Day of Winter Break

Another weekend gone too quickly. I hope you all had a great one!

I wasn’t feeling the best last night, so I took some Nyquil to help me sleep and it sure did help me sleep- so much so that I could hardly wake up this morning. I got up long enough to eat 2 slices of peanut butter and banana toast with 2 cup of 1% milk for 8 points.

11011 001

And then I went back to bed- even if it was only for 45 minutes. I needed sleep! I am so thankful that I work from home on days like this. I can sit in my comfy chair in comfy clothes and slippers with a blanket and pout about not feeling well instead of having to try to look presentable and together at work. Winking smile

On my first break, I made up a green smoothie (1 cup spinach, 2 oranges) for 1 point.

11011 003

And also had 20 pistachios for 2 points.

11011 004

I was craving chicken noodle soup- so I quickly got out the crock pot and threw in the ingredients. Thankfully, I had some cooked noodles and 2 oz. chicken cooked chicken breast in the fridge. I chopped up celery and carrots and turned on the crock pot.

It was ready by lunch time, so I had that along with a PB&J sandwich for 6 points.

11011 005

For dessert, I had SF raspberry Jell-O made with raspberries for 0 points.

11011 006

On my last break, I had an apple with cinnamon dusted on top. I’ve seen a lot of you do this- and it’s pretty good! Plus, I’ve heard there a lot of benefits to eating cinnamon. 0 points.

11011 007

I also made a cup of Earl Grey tea- unfortunately, I’m all out of my Duchess Grey tea. Sad smile 0 points.

11011 008

I got off work 1 hour early- which is always nice. I was glad I didn’t have to drive home because it had started snowing! We are supposed to get a total of  8” between tonight and tomorrow- perfect for my first day of school tomorrow- YAY! Sad smile

For supper, I made a Quiche based on TJ’s Crustless Quiche Recipe. I had this along with a lite English muffin topped with whipped chive cream cheese for 8 points. The Quiche turned out spectacular and it had broccoli in it so I got in more veggies!

11011 016

For a dessert of sorts, I had 1/2 slice of homemade bread topped with Brummel and Brown yogurt spread and cinnamon/sugar. It hit the spot for 3 points.

11011 018

I have 6 points left for the day for a healthy snack! I’ve been thirsty today for some reason- I’ve had 12 cups of water in addition to the other drinks that I’ve posted today-and the day isn’t over yet!

I’m pretty tired out due to this cold or whatever I have. So hubby and I are just going to relax and probably go to bed early tonight. I have to be ready for my first day of class tomorrow!

Did you miss my posts on the Fish Taco Recipe or my 30 Day Shred DVD giveaway, or  how about the WW online Recipe Builder? Be sure to check them out!

13 comments :

  1. All the food looks good. Do you exercise as well?

    ReplyDelete
  2. All I ever say is yum.
    Yum Yum Yum.
    It all looks so good.
    Esp the lined up bananas.
    YUM!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mmm...PB & J! I'll have to try the cinnamon apple thing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hope you feel better tomorrow ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hope you can shake the cold before it gets too bad and are feeling alot better tomorrow! Take care!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. If it wouldn't eat a hole clean through my stomach, I swear I would take NyQuil every night before I go to bed just so I can get a good nights sleep. LOL Hope you feel better soon. *HUGS*

    ReplyDelete
  7. I hope you feel better! Your food looked great as always!

    ReplyDelete
  8. we believe in cinnamon too! We've been watching Dr. Oz girl lol! Great eatings. Stay encouraged!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Cinnamon is so good for your heart too. Glad you like it on your apple! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm a new reader and also a WW member, so just wanted to stop by and say hello :)

    Jen
    http://www.jenslosinit.com/

    ReplyDelete
  11. I just tried the cinnamon apple thing and its so nice! Very christmassy too (pity its now the wrong side of the year :( )
    B
    X

    http://newyearjourney.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  12. I so love that bananas are 0 now. I'm going to have peanut butter and banana tomorrow. So funny, I made a "green" smoothie yesterday that looked like baby poo. It was so awful looking that I put it in a non-transparent container. I usually go with strawberries and spinach and toss in some other berries or oranges but this time I used strawberries, mango and spinach. Very very very bad looking but tasty!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I've given you and award, Alissa. Stop by my blog to find out more! :)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...